• 36(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
@Milhouse: I'm using addons like radio.de or shoutcast, they have internal urls like plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station9013 which does not seem to work with texturecache.py
Nevertheless with #0208 the connection is held flawlessly.
(2015-02-11, 20:00)Milhouse Wrote: If you are using a library hack to support a third party librtmp, make sure the hack is disabled as the system librtmp is now bang up to date.

Edit: See my recent post in the librtmp support thread regarding OpenELEC 5.0.1, which may explain why you were having problems with librtmp since that release.

@Milhouse thanks!

to disable the hack it is just a matter of running the command?
mv /storage/lib /storage/lib.bak && sync

or do I have to comment the line in the
autostart.sh?
(2015-02-11, 20:00)Milhouse Wrote: If you are using a library hack to support a third party librtmp, make sure the hack is disabled as the system librtmp is now bang up to date.

Edit: See my recent post in the librtmp support thread regarding OpenELEC 5.0.1, which may explain why you were having problems with librtmp since that release.

@Milhouse thanks!

to disable the hack it is just a matter of running the command?
mv /storage/lib /storage/lib.bak && sync

or do I have to comment the line in the
autostart.sh?
(2015-02-11, 19:14)fierydwarf Wrote: How do i install this build? there is no disk image to right to an SD card? Do i just extract the tar file directly on to the SD care, insert it in to the Pi, boot the Pi and got from there?

Install OpenElec 5.02 for Pi/Pi2 Using the image... Once that is complete. copy the files from Milhouse Build tar file over the files on the SD card.. Prob wouldn't want to over-right your config.txt file though if yo have made modifications.
Hay Millhouse thanks for the latest build #0210

I'm using my autostart.sh file to run my vpn on Kodi start-up.
Im now using the "unofficial" open vpn.binary and it works great through Kodi using brain Hornsby script.

However..
The autostart.sh file seems to have stopped working. It works if I log in and execute via ssh, it just doesn't seem to run on start-up
The autostart.sh is---
Quote:sleep 20
(
kodi-send -a "RunScript(script.openvpn, Germany)"
)&
Is this a potential bug, or something I'm doing again. Thanks Smile
(2015-02-11, 20:07)thent Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 19:35)thent Wrote: Since at least build #0209 I'm experiencing connectivity problems with yatse (http://yatse.leetzone.org). At first start of yatse it's working fine but after a few seconds the connection gets unstable and is lost frequently. Strangely buttons like volume up and down are still working, but I cannot run streams for example. Afaik there was now update for yatse, at the moment I'm trying to figure out, which build of openelec is the last one without problems. Can anyone else confirm at least the issue?
regards
The issue definitely started with build #0209 (r20243). If you have yatse you can reproduce it as follows:
- run a (audio) stream
- slide yatse one to the right to show the actually played song/stream where the timeline is shown on the bottom
- connection is lost
Seems like whenever yatse is constantly asking for data (e.g. updating the timeline) connection is lost. Maybe a curl issue, which was introduced with #0209?

This sounds almost familiar to the webserver bug that is present in the windows builds at the moment.
When I scroll to the right in yatse it just crashes the windows app though.
Not saying for sure but could be related.
Can't test on the pi currently.

Ok just updated to build 210 on the pi2 and cannot reproduce, all seems to be working OK on yatse for me
(2015-02-11, 20:13)thent Wrote: @Milhouse: I'm using addons like radio.de or shoutcast, they have internal urls like plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station9013 which does not seem to work with texturecache.py
Nevertheless with #0208 the connection is held flawlessly.

It's possibly curl-related, which is being reverted back to 7.37.1 due to various streaming issues. Once the next build is available, with curl 7.37.1, try again and see if your addons now work. I tried your url with texturecache.py but Kodi wants to install an addon, at which point I bailed (sorry).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-11, 21:59)invisable Wrote: Is this a potential bug, or something I'm doing again. Thanks Smile

Not really sure, did your vpn work in #0209? What was the last test version that worked?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-11, 20:52)gthompson20 Wrote: Once that is complete. copy the files from Milhouse Build tar file over the files on the SD card.

No need to do that, just boot the freshly imaged system and copy the test build tar file to the Update folder. Then reboot.
New OpenELEC I****** build #0211: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.0 #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 05:10:25 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  7 2015 19:35:45
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e3cfc1e5001c71261c4d79e852723910772ffba9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150212050020-r20255-g217f467 [Build #0211]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001521.179: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (217f4678, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (fd81a3e2, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New kernel 3.19
  2. Revert curl to 7.37.1, hopefully fix streaming and FTP problems
  3. Re-enable pausing of live rtmp streams (PR:6361)
  4. Added: PR:6408: [curl] use better method to stat shoutcast and friends
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • curl: revert to 7.37.1 (PR:3887, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • sigh... (701eea5b)
    • curl: Describe why we want it stable (0c122e64)
    • linux: update to linux-3.19, build RPi2 projects with kernel 3.18 (2683a631)
    • xf86-video-nvidia-legacy: add patch for kernel 3.19 support (a36a750b)
    • distributions/OpenELEC: disable building 'perf' for now, needs to be fixed for kernel 3.19 or removed (c158383e)
    • Revert "kodi: add NFS chunksize patch" (e1ccd112)
    • vdr-plugin-vnsiserver: update to f2175ba (78a22118)
    • vdr: update to vdr-2.1.9 (217f4678)
  2. XBMC:
    • fix video content type checks (PR:5914, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [repo] bye bye Frodo (PR:6397, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • drop some useless level 4 settings for player and renderer (PR:6392, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [confluence] fix misalignment of epg progressbar (PR:6369, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [rtmp] re-add rtmp options (PR:6361, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [ios] - when using the hdmi adapter (or any other hardware tvout adapter... (PR:6410, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] fix missing breaks in switch/case CGUIDialogSeekBar (73a002ee)
  3. libnfs/seq-read-example (PR:108):
    • New commits in this build:
      • streaming mode: wait until we have 10 sequential reads before we prefetch (50349287)
      • nfs-stream.c: move this tool to the examples directory (55a673ae)
  4. newclock4:
      • don't back out from 3D handling on resolution changes if we're switching to a different 3D mode (a36e6f68)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [graphics] Don't set stereo mode based on resolution (e56a35de)
  5. kernel 3.19.y:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • config: Enable CONFIG_PPS (960ce562)
      • config: Add CONFIG_IP_NF options (946fa280)
      • config: Restore some missing options (6a0570d2)
      • config: Remove STRICT_DEVMEM (2661fe91)
      • config: Add DVB_USB_DVBSKY (e985ecbc)
      • config: Add USBIP (eb986e6a)
      • BCM2709_DT: Set the "always-on" flag for the timer to enable high res mode (b3c15a1f)
      • BCM270x_DT: Rename the activity LED back to the prosaic "led0" (f387fb99)
      • config: Add ENC28J60 SPI ethernet module (72df98fe)
      • config: Enable IP_NF_TARGET_CLUSTERIP (6c554476)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Exclude kodi-999.97-PR6361.patch: Already merged in Kodi master
    • Added: patch: Bump to kernel 3.19 for RPi/RPi2
    • Added: PR:6408: [curl] use better method to stat shoutcast and friends
    • Added: PR:6411: Do not render when dpms is active
Thanks for the update Milhouse!

Has the red led been disabled in the latest build? Because it stays off after my RPi boots.
(2015-02-12, 10:00)Johnnyslt Wrote: Has the red led been disabled in the latest build? Because it stays off after my RPi boots.

The red LED is apparently hard wired to the power input lines. If it's off, there's something seriously wrong... Confused

Milhouse your build works with the librtmp patch . We don't need to replace librtmp anymore since the patch includes all the fixes and the streams are working.

If you want some streams that work with this build and doesnt work with stock kodi, please PM me.
It appears the Power LED has been disabled, although I don't believe this is intentional. Your green Activity LED may also be blinking (dimly) once a second, so it looks like the heartbeat indicator has been enabled as well - usually the Activity LED shows SD card activity.
(2015-02-12, 10:29)fightnight Wrote: We don't need to replace librtmp anymore since the patch includes all the fixes and the streams are working.

Correct, although I don't know how long I'll be including this patch for librtmp.

It would be better, I feel, if the guys in the librtmp support thread were able to resume support for OpenELEC so that users of stock (ie. stable) builds could once again benefit from an updated librtmp.

(2015-02-12, 10:29)fightnight Wrote: If you want some streams that work with this build and doesnt work with stock kodi, please PM me.

Thanks, but I'm fine, there's not much I can do if a stream doesn't work anyway... Smile
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112