Bug Can't play background BT Audio when XBMC is started
I have an old laptop hooked up to the TV as HTPC. It is not being able to play BT audio if XBMC is already running. Following are a couple of scenarios:

1) Normal case:
Boot up -> launch BT Manager(Ubuntu repo package: "btman") -> Connect Phone -> Play audio :: WORKS

2) Problem:
Boot up -> launch BT Manager(Ubuntu repo package: "btman") -> launch Kodi -> Connect Phone -> Play audio :: BT sound not routed

3) Recovery:
Boot up -> launch BT Manager(Ubuntu repo package: "btman") -> launch Kodi -> Connect Phone -> Play audio -> Exit Kodi :: Sound starts
^ After the sound is started, Kodi may be re-launched to have both working.
^^ After this if I disconnect my phone and connect again, the audio won't play. I'll have to go through all the steps all over again.

My relevant configuration is:
Acer 4738z, some Broadcom BT chip(couldn't get the name in lsusb), linux-3.13.0.43-generic on Kubuntu 14.04.1 LTS(updated till morning today)

The issue is reproducible on the last stable version of XBMC as well as 14.0-RC3 of Kodi (Last - As of 16th of December)

I'm a newbie here, so if I've posted this in the wrong forum, kindly point me in the right direction to move this post to.

Thanks!
Post a Debug Log, kodi does not do anything with bluetooth audio, it only takes what the sound server is giving.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, I think this was stupid of me. Changed the audio output settings "Keep audio device alive" from "1 min" to "Off" and it started working.

Is this the right fix or is it a dirty workaround? (So I'm stupid or extremely stupid? Big Grin)

And would the logs be still needed? For the sake of curiosity?
Nope, it's not.

BT Audio can work nicely over pulseaudio while xbmc is also outputting over it. Therefore post a Debug Log please.

From what you tell it seems like ALSA using the device exclusively, which is wanted, when xbmc is in ALSA mode.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play background BT Audio when XBMC is started0