Solved Sort music by mood/Extend SmartPlaylist's ability to read out tagged mood
Changed thread title to [Solved]

Thanks mkortstiege
Thanks for your mkortstiege!

Will this be implemented into the final Isengard release?
(2015-04-07, 14:15)quintz Wrote: Thanks for your mkortstiege!

Will this be implemented into the final Isengard release?

Yes, it's already merged.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

I got a question about this, because I'm about to retag my whole music collection.

I'm using ID3v2.3 and moved the "mood" tag to a custom field "Comment:Songs-DB_Custom4" (see screenshot below) using the last.fm.plus plugin within picard.

So will it be possible with Isengard to use this field within smart playlists?

Hope someone can clear me up
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Nope, Kodi won't read song moods from a custom field. You have to use TMOO v2.4 or TXXX MOOD in v2.3.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for your fast reply.

So just to be sure. I will be able to
filter by moods using a smart playlist as I already do now with genre for example when tagged in TXXX!?
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2015-05-23, 23:54)Maaarv Wrote: Thanks for your fast reply.

filter by moods using a smart playlist as I already do now with genre for example when tagged in TXXX!?

Jep, that should work when using MOOD within TXXX frame. Current v15 betas and nightly builds are supporting this already. If unsure, just give it a try.
Isengard from master(20150520) Works great.
Are you planning to add "select list" with available moods?
(2015-05-24, 13:28)m_o_d Wrote: Isengard from master(20150520) Works great.
Are you planning to add "select list" with available moods?

I thought about it but totally forgot about it. Will check now and keep you guys posted.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7184 makes song moods browse-able. I've triggered a win32 test build which should be on the mirrors within an hour (http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/). Filename will have moods-browse in it.

EDIT: Build complete. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...browse.exe
Thanks,

what about linux/unix system instances?
Not possible via our builder, sorry. You will have to apply the patch and build on your own.
(2015-05-24, 10:49)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 23:54)Maaarv Wrote: Thanks for your fast reply.

Jep, that should work when using MOOD within TXXX frame. Current v15 betas and nightly builds are supporting this already. If unsure, just give it a try.

Awesome, thx Smile

Because I'm kinda new to all this tagging stuff... is it also possible to use multiple TXXX fields and would I be able to use all these fields within Kodi then?
For example:
- TXXX:Mood
- TXXX:Occasion
- TXXX:Tempo

If this is possible, what's the original reason behind putting these tags in custom fields?
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Nope, Occasion and Tempo is not read. TXXX is just a fallback location because the old schema does not support some frames. Eg. there's no TMOO in v2.3 but in v2.4.

Here's a list of custom fields that are read from TXXX in Kodi:

MUSICBRAINZ ARTIST ID, MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID, MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST ID, MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST, REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN, REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK, REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN, REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK, ALBUMARTIST, ALBUM ARTIST and MOOD.
(2015-05-24, 14:41)mkortstiege Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7184 makes song moods browse-able. I've triggered a win32 test build which should be on the mirrors within an hour (http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32/). Filename will have moods-browse in it.

EDIT: Build complete. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...browse.exe

Tried this build and I am able to select by moods but....

it seems that Kodi is not able to identify single "moods" seperated by "/"

I am asking because with "genre" it is no problem for Kodi to identify single genres within a string using slashes as seperators.

It seems that it is also not possible to filter by "comment"!? is this correct? because I moved some tags to the comment field to be able to use an additional filter
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort music by mood/Extend SmartPlaylist's ability to read out tagged mood0