Local scraper not working with symlinks on NFS ?
Dear friends,
I'm struggling with a situation and think I've come up with an idea as to what's happening but no solution.

Symptom is that some of my movies do not show up in Kodi's movies list while they are perfectly accessible via the Files-Video menu.

Please be patient while I explain the situation :-)

My setup comprises two Raspberry Pis.

rpi-a runs raspbmc and is connected to my TV and has no local storage other than the system's SD/USB combo.

dpi-b runs with a modified Raspbian distro and has USB storage attached to it and exports via NFS.

Of course rpi-a mounts this NFS storage which exports the whole /home/bob/Elements tree.

All movies reside on the USB storage attached to rpi-b in the following configuration:

/home/bob/Elements/downloads contains a mix of files and directories with everything and anything, ripped movies, data, etc. with weird names all owned by pi.pi and 0777.

I have then also created a /home/bob/Elements/movies directory in which I have one directory for each movie (and only movies of course) contained in /home/bob/Elements/downloads and within this directory I have a symbolic link to the movie file with a proper clean "Kodi friendly" name plus all other files pertaining to the movie, first and foremost each movies has it's own .nfo file generated by MediaElch plus fan art, subtitles etc. Also all this tree is entirely owned by pi.pi and 0777

With this setup I have /home/bob/Elements/movies folder defined in Kodi as a movies source and the scraper set to local info only and until this storage was LOCALLY ATTACHED to the Raspbmc box all was working flawlessly.

Also the local info scraper populates the Movies list for any /home/bob/Elements/movies movie which are NOT symlinks but are actual files of course.

Now that I have attached moved this storage from local on rpi-a to rpi-b the "NAS" box, and exported the whole /home/bob/Elements via NFS to the Raspbmc dpi-a box, the movies are not "detected" by the scraper.

I can play the movies by browsing to them via the Videos-Files menu though so it's not an access issue methinks.

Anyone can come up with some clean solution ? I have found an old closed bug SIMILAR to this which adds that the same setup works if shared by Samba but the bug was closed due to insufficient info.

Thanks a lot in advance and best wishes to you all and your loved ones for the upcoming holidays. May you all enjoy a lot of good media on Raspbmc and Kodi of course :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local scraper not working with symlinks on NFS ?0