Remove / Re-Add Hard drive loses Media Library
My flat mate keeps unplugging our media hard drive to take with him. When he returns he plugs it back in, but KODI does not re-add the hard drive or the corresponding media library.

Is there a way I can get it to this automatically?

Thank you, and apologies if this is explained somewhere else, as I could not find the answer.
Welcome to forums.

If the drive id changes or mount point varies (depending on OS) then no, if say this is a USB drive you tallking about. There was a estub PR that handle external disks but nothing is happening with that.

My suggestion is that the hard drive is connected to something/device that can share that drive via some fixed SMB type share and then add that as a source.
You have another two options in addition to "uNiversal's" suggestions, run KODI in portable mode on the USB HDD (dependent that the target PC has the necessary DirectX9 files already installed, you can keep a copy of the DirectX9 on the HDD for installation as required) and assigning media into the portable folder created by -P and sources through the 'home library' option.

Or assign the USB HDD a lower drive letter such as X, Y or Z as the higher letters tend to get used for what ever USB host device has priority when being detected by the OS.
The above is WIN/OS dependent

(Or tell your flatmate to get his own USB HDD, instead of unplugging the media HDD)
Thank you for your replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove / Re-Add Hard drive loses Media Library0