Linux XBMC + AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12
I know there must be a conversion, but at least RGB -> YCbCr is nothing more than a matrix multiplication. All programs on a PC work on a RGB basis, even on Windows. the conversion is ideally always done at the very end by the graphics driver, so it shouldn't matter that opengl only supports RGB, as far as I found out in the past.

The thing is, TVs, AV Receivers, ... are all tuned to this format, It is also standard for Blue Rays, ... Nevertheless even RGB Limited would still be a huge improvement of the radeon driver in combination with HTPCs and AV-Receivers.

Just for Info:
I'm back with the radeon OSS driver. Couldn't get my CPU load of one core below 100% with fglry 14.12, even though I deactivated vSync in the drivers, xbmc and xfce. mpeg2 streams with temporal deinterlacing is now back at ~5% cpu load with a better picture quality.
How can I write to the #radeon channel?

It tells me I can't.
http://webchat.freenode.net/ <- go there and join #radeon
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I#ve been there.

still

[13:27] == Cannot send to channel: #radeon
Okay. Then you have a problem. You are banned in there?

Alternative: bugs.freedesktop.org

File a wishlist bug.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=87591

I hope it is at the correct place.

---
IRC still does nt work for me.
Looks good.
@fritsch: Since you are able to contact Alex Deu.. (adf5..?) in the irc, could you inform him of the bug regarding the color space on bugzilla?
Thanks
He already knows. Just write once per months something nice to the bugreport.
(2014-12-17, 12:16)fritsch Wrote: Yeah their VAAPI now supports mpeg2, mpeg4, vc1, h264. The old wrapper based on xvba 0.74 did only VC1, h264.

So, now you get GPU offloading and 100% CPU load cause of the vsync bug :-) not funny.

Btw. can you get me:

ls -l /dev/dri/card0

does this exist with fglrx?

Code:
mr_raider@HK47:~$ ls -l /dev/dri/card0
ls: cannot access /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
Jep, have verified that myself. So, yeah :-)

Three years since I was into fglrx bugshit workarounding and nothing has changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + AMD Catalyst Omega 14.120