• 3(current)
WIP Unofficial Kodi v16 codename "J"
Juggernaut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut
A juggernaut, in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as mercilessly destructive and unstoppable. This usage originated in the mid-nineteenth century as an allegorical reference to the Hindu Ratha Yatra temple car, which apocryphally was reputed to crush devotees under its wheels. The figurative sense of the word has ground in mechanics comparable to figurative uses of steamroller or battering ram to mean something overwhelming. Its ground in social behavior is similar to that of bandwagon, but with overtones of devotional sacrifice. Its British English meaning of a large heavy truck or articulated lorry dates from the second half of the twentieth century.

Jagannath
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagannath
Jagannath is a Hindu god. Jagannath (or Jagannatha) meaning "Lord of the Universe", is a deity worshipped by some Hindus. Jagannath is considered a form of Vishnu or his avatar Krishna by the Hindus. Jagannath is worshipped as part of a triad on the "Ratnavedi" (jewelled platform) along with his brother Balabhadra and sister Subhadra.
I like Jasmin or Jubilee. Jericho's not bad either.

The big question I have is: What happens for version 27? Wink
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
And I thought that doing this thread this early was getting ahead of the curve a little already, right?

I cant speak for the official portions of this, but makes sense that either the Alphabet starts again or someone decides to do something random or some other naming scheme based scheme.

Could be there's no more Kodi development by then and then you dont have to worry about it. Could be the world ends or there's a zombie apocalypse or its parsed automatically from some database or some name generator,

I go for the Zombie apocalipse bit.
(2014-12-18, 21:23)canadave Wrote: The big question I have is: What happens for version 27? Wink

Kodi 27 AArdvark.
Jupiter

Jumanji

Jarl
(2014-12-18, 23:22)stuCONNERS Wrote: Jupiter

Jumanji

Jarl

I like Jupiter, even if it's not a fictional location.
Jor-El
(2014-12-19, 12:41)seedzero Wrote:
(2014-12-18, 23:22)stuCONNERS Wrote: Jupiter

Jumanji

Jarl

I like Jupiter, even if it's not a fictional location.

Technically a Roman god though.
I would propose Jonathan is we can use XBMC Gods Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
^^^
+1 and very well deserved.
(2014-12-19, 22:07)Martijn Wrote: I would propose Jonathan is we can use XBMC Gods Smile

Oh really? And did you have something in mind for the 'M' release too...? Wink
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
(2014-12-20, 13:50)el_Paraguayo Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 22:07)Martijn Wrote: I would propose Jonathan is we can use XBMC Gods Smile

Oh really? And did you have something in mind for the 'M' release too...? Wink

Memphiz Big Grin
Honest question, why are versions 15 and 16 already planned? Are there known additions/repairs that will be made?

Another vote for Jupiter.
(2014-12-20, 15:34)Calum Wrote: Honest question, why are versions 15 and 16 already planned? Are there known additions/repairs that will be made?

Because we already have a lot of improvements/fixes lined up that were to intrusive to add to Helix and need broader testing than just team members can do. So we can now start adding them in early 15.0 builds and get them tested.

since we want to do RERO releases http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_ear...ease_often hopefully we will do more releases a year
(2014-12-20, 15:34)Calum Wrote: Honest question, why are versions 15 and 16 already planned? Are there known additions/repairs that will be made?

If you take a look at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/labels/I***** that's for v15 (my suspicion is that codename is Isengard but I dont know for sure and that's a pure guess only.) So there already is v15, like v13 was, that v15 will come to pass (with some luck and continued development), so some logic says 16 then 17 then 18 or unless someone decides to do something different.. right?

The above view is what is inferred from a historical observation point. Its not some official stance or anything, fair to assume I would guess.

I hope personally some version 999 or whatever is equivalent to that one day will exist. Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unofficial Kodi v16 codename "J"0