quit kodi or just go to home screen?
I have a firetv and am wondering if people both to "quit" out of kodi or just hit the home key and leave it in the background?

Thanks.
It's normally a moot point as Android/Fire OS will quit Kodi if it needs more RAM, and it that seems to happen often.

EDIT: Also, Android should be quitting Kodi correctly, and not forcing it to quit, so you shouldn't need to worry about settings getting messed up or database corruption.
Pretty much what Ned said.

It really depends on what you're trying to do. If you just want to go to the Home screen so the AFTV will go to sleep, Then you can do that and leave Kodi running in the background, it should stay running as long as you don't do anything else.

If you're wanting to go to the Home screen to launch a different app, then Kodi is most likely going to be force stopped anyway.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I currently need to 'Force Close' Kodi on my AFTV to be able to use Netflix app or watch Amazon content otherwise videos won't load.
Thanks for this. I have been using the quit menu in Kodi but found that is was REALLY slow in Gotham and just kinda slow in Kodi. I'm going to try just hitting the home key and see how other apps respond.
(2014-12-18, 00:29)rcrh Wrote: I have a firetv and am wondering if people both to "quit" out of kodi or just hit the home key and leave it in the background?

Thanks.

(2014-12-18, 05:39)Ned Scott Wrote: It's normally a moot point as Android/Fire OS will quit Kodi if it needs more RAM, and it that seems to happen often.

Is that really true, though? I was just looking through this thread, which also happens to me (running a rooted FireTV): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201631

A few of the posters there seem to indicate that there is an issue with Netflix not playing properly due to XBMC/Kodi taking up RAM space, which implies that the RAM isn't being cleared properly.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2014-12-19, 13:59)canadave Wrote: Is that really true, though? I was just looking through this thread, which also happens to me (running a rooted FireTV): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201631

A few of the posters there seem to indicate that there is an issue with Netflix not playing properly due to XBMC/Kodi taking up RAM space, which implies that the RAM isn't being cleared properly.

I run Netflix and Hulu from within Kodi all the time and don't have any issues. I even run games like Asphalt 8 straight from Kodi. Some times the apps will crash, but that seems to happen whether Kodi is running or not.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I instructed users in my house to use the "exit" function in Kodi. I'm not sure if it was Kodi related or firmware related or both, but occasionally Prime videos just didn't want to play at all. I would have to force close Kodi, force close Amazon video, clear data of Amazon Video, and/or unplug the box all together.

Since updating to the latest pre-rooted firmware version and mostly using the "exit" funciton, I haven't had any issues or complaints in the house.
Leaving Kodi up and not exiting has worked most of the time. However I noticed that an android app (4oD) was not updating within Kodi . To fix the problem I had to exit.
When I reboot the box (minix 8H ) it should go to Kodi, this has not happened every time. Using XBMC launcher.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
quit kodi or just go to home screen?0