Can't Connect External HDD to Android Box
Hi There

Hope someone can help me I have just got a new android box T8 AmlogicS802 Quid Core Arm Cortex A9 and cannot get it to recognise my Seagate Exspansion 1 TB USB powered hdd yet the previous box I had their was no
problems hooking the hard drive upto it (though was not a android box was a linux type box). I am hoping someone will know how I can get the new box to recognise the eternal hdd.

Cheers
What about looking for support from the box vendor.
It's unrelated to Kodi.
You could try using a different USB port. The Minix seems to do better with the back ports and not the sideones.
Koying - Tried that with their support and they don'y know advised to try a forum like this to see if someone could help

Dixons - it has 3 usb 2.0 side ports only but makes no difference to what port the hdd is plugged into
Same problem here.

Amiko A3 running Jellybean 4.2.2. I can access the drive using any other file explorer, but I can't add the location as a source inside of Kodi 14.2 (ARM).

As others have stated, this seems to be an issue that many search for
Looking for a solution.
mhalfadl might have the answer for you in this post.

I did something similar:
  1. System -> File Manager -> Add Source
  2. Browse to Root File System -> /storage -> /external_storage -> /hdx
Nod Now I have hdx listed in the sources and could easily select it to add videos / music.
Depending on how much power it draws, and that it's USB powered, you may need a powered hub to power the drive. The android box may not source enough current to run it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Connect External HDD to Android Box0