Android Smartlist for menu items
Hi,

I'm rather new to xbmc. Just got an Amazon Fire TV and I'm discovering the full power of Xbmc.

This skin is just brilliant and plan on keeping it.

My problem is that i dont use many addons, and most of the items around the menu show up with the + sign.
I found out i can add smart playlists to display shows just like the widgets in TVshows and Movies.

However i have tried it, and it only shows up as a playlist thumbnail, not being animated or anything.

Could someone please help me set this up to make the skin look "full" ?

Cheers,
Screenshot please.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

http://imgur.com/APrl1z7

The smart playlist is set to show me ongoing TV shows. I selected animated icon.

However the icon remains the default one. Is there a way to create an effect just like the widget next to it?

Cheers
The tile you're refering to is not thought to show scrolling pictures of your playlist. So just choose the icon you want and enable animation if you want the icon zoom inout.
Is it possible to make it show pictures of the episodes in that particular playlist ?

Another take to this, is it possible to remove the two right most tiles and replace them with another 2-tile TVShows widget ?
This is how I did similar menu in one of my sites.

I have UDT count_root_items with code :
Code:
I cannot see the code, if you can please re-post it.

Anyone else have any ideas what to fill those two boxes with ?

In movies i added Netflix, Twitch, Youtube and Genesis which turned out nicely.
I'm not fussed about the + signed in the applications tab, just TV shows would be nice to look nice and full.

Cheers fellas.
I have Netflix and Amazon Video (which launches my Fire TV launcher) on the left of the TV section. I also changed TV Guide to point to my playlist section. My Smart Playlists are named so they are split by category, eg:

[KIDS] Peppa Pig Random Episodes
[MOVIES] Latest Releases
[TV SHOWS] Recently Aired
[TV SHOWS] Recently Watched
etc

This also pushes the annoying Party Playlist thing to the bottom.

I then have Netflix / Amazon repeated in the Movies section (and the Apps section and Favourites.. can't have too many links to those apps Smile) as well as HD-Trailers and a well known banned addon that you already mentioned! I also changed Videos Addons to point to playlists, like in he TV section.

My Apps tabs just repeats my fav addons plus some extra ones like YouTube and NBC Sports.

I can't really find a good use for the Home tab, so I just ignore it. Music is off as I don't use this for music.

To be honest, as much as I love this skin, I find the whole home screen more eye candy than functional. Same reason I don't really like the Xbox interface. Too many clicks to get anywhere. That's why I I repeat my most used apps/addons on every screen. But, I don't spend too much time there and once I'm in one of the section / addons I want to be in, I love it!
(2015-01-15, 11:44)eskay993 Wrote: I have Netflix and Amazon Video (which launches my Fire TV launcher) on the left of the TV section. I also changed TV Guide to point to my playlist section. My Smart Playlists are named so they are split by category, eg:

[KIDS] Peppa Pig Random Episodes
[MOVIES] Latest Releases
[TV SHOWS] Recently Aired
[TV SHOWS] Recently Watched
etc

This also pushes the annoying Party Playlist thing to the bottom.

I then have Netflix / Amazon repeated in the Movies section (and the Apps section and Favourites.. can't have too many links to those apps Smile) as well as HD-Trailers and a well known banned addon that you already mentioned! I also changed Videos Addons to point to playlists, like in he TV section.

My Apps tabs just repeats my fav addons plus some extra ones like YouTube and NBC Sports.

I can't really find a good use for the Home tab, so I just ignore it. Music is off as I don't use this for music.

To be honest, as much as I love this skin, I find the whole home screen more eye candy than functional. Same reason I don't really like the Xbox interface. Too many clicks to get anywhere. That's why I I repeat my most used apps/addons on every screen. But, I don't spend too much time there and once I'm in one of the section / addons I want to be in, I love it!

Thanks mate your ideas are very welcome.

TV guide already shows the upcoming TVshows based on my Genesis library which i find quite handy.

Amazon just released an IGN app - another thing to add to the layout.

I actually find the Home tab quite handy when you're tired/too lazy to think and it does the picking for you of what you want to watch.

I'm still trying to find a music addon that functions more or less like Genesis so I can populate the music tab as well.[/align]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartlist for menu items0