So just how do I get trailers to work?
Smile 
Hi Chaps,

I'm hoping someone can help me, or at least point me in the right direction as I'm not really sure what to do at the moment. Blush

I've had my modded xbox for years and I've been using an old version of xbox media center on it for the last two years or so, but I decided yesterday to get the latest version to see what was new.

So I went ahead and grabbed XBOX Media Center 1.1 build from the FTP, edited the XboxMediaCenter.xml to point the SMB shares at my PC for streaming etc and FTP'd it into the apps directory on my E:\ drive, rebooted the xbox and started it up.

Streaming works fine for MP3's, pictures, video etc... weather updates work fine, playing video files on the xbox works fine etc just as it did on the 2004 version I was using previously. I noticed that web radio and movie trailer options are available from the bottom right icon on the main screen but they don't seem to do anything. If I click movie trailers then a popup is briefly displayed with an apple trailers URL (http://www.apple.com/trailers/index.html then retrieving http://../../../../externalA_2wide.js) then that vanishes and nothing else happens, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something but I can't figure it out if I am. The web radio link displays Downloading KML Document... then Failed downloading KML Document and KML Document is nothing error or something (but to be honest I'm not worried about web radio).

So I'd like to get trailers working, but I'm not sure how. I've checked the folders on the xbox and the AQTbrowser.py and KMLBrowse.py are both present. I even tried downloading the QuickTimeBrowser and added the QuickTimeBrowser.py and QuickTimeBrowser_utils.py files to the scripts directory and the python/Lib/_xmlplus/ folder but again when I run the script nothing happens.

The only thing I can think is that I should maybe download a more recent CVS version and build it, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I have tried searching the forum and found a number of threads but nothing has been able to help me, so I apologise in advance if I'm asking a stupid question that has been previously answered, but any help you can provide will be very much appreciated. :confused2:

My XBOX details are as follows:

Modchip: ALX2+
Dash Ver: EvoX v1.8.3752

XBOX Date: 2003-03-21
Xbox Serial: XXXXXXX 31205

Xbox Version Detector tells me the following:

Xbox Version: XBOX V1.2/V1.3
Video Encoder: Connexant

Thanks in advance

Mark
Same here and everywhere I look nobody seems to have an answer.
I guess it doesn't work in the new version??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So just how do I get trailers to work?0