Win Add a Proccess before Library Update
Hi All,

Does anyone know a way (maybe with an add on) to add an automated task before xbmc/kodi runs a video library update?

Let me explain a little, i have a NAS Drive hosting all my videos, with 3 folders setup \movies \tv \tvtmp. Any new TV Shows get downloaded into the tvtmp i then have a batch file i can run that will

*Reset the permissions on the network drive (an issue due to the way the files are download)
*Run a 3rd party rename tool (to put the tv programs in the relevant folders i.e. \tv\constantine\season 1\
*Clear up remaining tmp files i.e. .nfo/txt/jpg/ & delete empty folders

Ideally i want this to run just before Kodi runs a Video Library update. I was hoping for something i could add to a config file i.e. advancedsettings.xml

Thanks

Mondo
You could run your batch file from Kodi (map it to a button, use advanced launcher etc.), and at the end of your batch file use JSON to initiate the library scan.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sorry if my responses are a little dense, although i've used xbmc for years i've never delved deep into the config of it.

can Advanced Launcher be scheduled so i don't have to manually initiate it?

How can you get a batch program to connect to JSON? Are there any wiki articles you could point me at?

Thanks
Checkout the Watchdog addon under addons\services. It may be what you need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a Proccess before Library Update0