Chromebox Developer Screen-[Working Keyboards List]
Apple bluetooth keyboard working for me.
Thanks, ashman.

Also, I noticed a link to this thread has appeared in the main wiki now. Thanks to whoever did that. Since we've got that visibility now, please keep the info coming...
The Logitech K250 works at the developer boot screen (Ctrl-D), but not at the Ctrl-Alt-F2 point.
(2015-01-31, 17:29)yellowjacket Wrote: The Logitech K250 works at the developer boot screen (Ctrl-D), but not at the Ctrl-Alt-F2 point.

toggle the keyboard's power switch 1-2x on the ChromeOS login screen, then it will work
Logitech K400r not working for me
Asus Chromebox, Openelec & Chrome dual boot

I tried a logitech k400 then realized it can’t do CTRL-D to developer. Then got logitech k830 backlight keyboard and this works for CRTL-D and CTRL-ALT-F2 to log on. Unfortunately the keyboard is tough to use while lying on a couch unless you bring your knees up and then the backlight goes out too fast. So it works but is not good imho. After reviewing this list I got the Rii i28 and it is very good so far and does CTRL-D but I could not figure out how to do CTRL-ALT-F2. If someone knows I would appreciate the info. I did however find a workaround:

If you are logged in as any user or guest in Chrome, “CRTL-ALT-T” gets you to CROSH prompt, the type “SHELL” this gets you to local user prompt then type “SUDO REBOOT” and you have reboot. i need this to get back to Openelec because my Chromebox is in another room.

Anyone know another way to reboot a Chromebox from a keyboard besides a real Chrome keyboard which has the power on/off button but does not have a trackpadHuh
Just wanted to report that the iRainy 6-axis 2.4GHz Mini Portable Wireless Air mouse works great. I use it to dual boot into Chrome and the CTRL-D command does work.
You can reboot from the settings menu in chrome. Select advanced settings and then select power wash. Chrome will prompt you to reboot so it can do the power wash. The next time you boot into chrome os just cancel the power wash.

(2015-03-14, 00:13)jojojones Wrote: Asus Chromebox, Openelec & Chrome dual boot

I tried a logitech k400 then realized it can’t do CTRL-D to developer. Then got logitech k830 backlight keyboard and this works for CRTL-D and CTRL-ALT-F2 to log on. Unfortunately the keyboard is tough to use while lying on a couch unless you bring your knees up and then the backlight goes out too fast. So it works but is not good imho. After reviewing this list I got the Rii i28 and it is very good so far and does CTRL-D but I could not figure out how to do CTRL-ALT-F2. If someone knows I would appreciate the info. I did however find a workaround:

If you are logged in as any user or guest in Chrome, “CRTL-ALT-T” gets you to CROSH prompt, the type “SHELL” this gets you to local user prompt then type “SUDO REBOOT” and you have reboot. i need this to get back to Openelec because my Chromebox is in another room.

Anyone know another way to reboot a Chromebox from a keyboard besides a real Chrome keyboard which has the power on/off button but does not have a trackpadHuh
thanks Spool. If I were to select powerwash and reboot will the seabios take over and boot in to openelec as normal or go to the confirm powerwash screenHuh

tia
(2015-03-15, 00:35)kpoman Wrote: Just wanted to report that the iRainy 6-axis 2.4GHz Mini Portable Wireless Air mouse works great. I use it to dual boot into Chrome and the CTRL-D command does work.

Does it have programmable keys? I'm still looking for a one button boot switch. Flirc is confirmed not working for this.

(2015-03-15, 04:18)jojojones Wrote: thanks Spool. If I were to select powerwash and reboot will the seabios take over and boot in to openelec as normal or go to the confirm powerwash screenHuh

Yes, thanks Spool, and yes, if it does a reboot first (and I believe that's what it prompts for?) it will just boot into your default OS, i.e. OpenELEC. I guess it will then do the power wash next time you boot into Chrome OS.

(2015-03-14, 00:13)jojojones Wrote: Anyone know another way to reboot a Chromebox from a keyboard besides a real Chrome keyboard which has the power on/off button but does not have a trackpadHuh

I'll try the power wash option, but I usually do:

[CTRL]+[ALT]+[F2]
chronos[ENTER]
sudo reboot[ENTER]
Hi, I have this keyboard. I was able to do Ctrl+D but Ctrl+Alt+F2 does not seem to work.

I am pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2 at the Google login screen, after I enter my Wi-Fi and after I agreed to the Chrome's user agreement.

Any ideas? Is it my keyboard? Is there any other way to do this or would I need to try on a different keyboard? Thanks.

(2015-03-26, 23:24)resource88 Wrote: Hi, I have this keyboard. I was able to do Ctrl+D but Ctrl+Alt+F2 does not seem to work.

I am pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2 at the Google login screen, after I enter my Wi-Fi and after I agreed to the Chrome's user agreement.

Any ideas? Is it my keyboard? Is there any other way to do this or would I need to try on a different keyboard? Thanks.

Yes it is your keyboard. I use a similar one and it also does not work with CTRL-ALT-F2. A work around (I think) is log in as any user or guest in Chrome, “CRTL-ALT-T” gets you to CROSH prompt, then type “SHELL” then ENTER this gets you to local user prompt which I believe it exactly where a CTRL-ALT-F2 would take you.

This works on my keyboard but I also have done Matt Devo's wonderful dual boot set up...so if you have not done that yet that may be why. Also you can buy a regular wired keyboard for @$8 and use that to set the system up.
(2015-03-27, 00:14)jojojones Wrote: Yes it is your keyboard. I use a similar one and it also does not work with CTRL-ALT-F2. A work around (I think) is log in as any user or guest in Chrome, “CRTL-ALT-T” gets you to CROSH prompt, then type “SHELL” then ENTER this gets you to local user prompt which I believe it exactly where a CTRL-ALT-F2 would take you.

This works on my keyboard but I also have done Matt Devo's wonderful dual boot set up...so if you have not done that yet that may be why. Also you can buy a regular wired keyboard for @$8 and use that to set the system up.

Thanks a lot. Interesting, I tried Ctrl-Alt-T on the wireless keyboard remote but it didn't work either so I used the accessibility on-screen keyboard option and did Ctrl-Alt-T and it worked. Maybe the wireless keyboard remote I have can't do 3 keys at once?

I'm currently on the prompt screen. Thanks again.
hi guys,
i have tried with a logitech internet navigator keyboard.
the CTRL-D function works well but i am unsuccessful with the CTRL-ALT-F2 command.
any ideas on what to try?
regards
scott
(2015-03-29, 11:56)scottyboy Wrote: hi guys,
i have tried with a logitech internet navigator keyboard.
the CTRL-D function works well but i am unsuccessful with the CTRL-ALT-F2 command.
any ideas on what to try?
regards
scott

assuming the keyboard has a physical on/off switch, try toggling it a few times. Other than that, try a different keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Developer Screen-[Working Keyboards List]0