Kodi on 2 monitor display issue
I updated from XMBC to the new kodi-14.0-Helix_rc3.exe
Is it possible to change the way KODI performs in Windows?

I'm using a 2 monitor display, in which the desktop is NOT expanded over both monitors,
if KODI is running in monitor 1, and I try to click or use monitor 2, KODI in monitor 1, minimizes,

This is very frustrating in light to the fact I maybe running a You Tube video explaining KODI How-To's on monitor 2
while at the same time trying to implement the How-to's on monitor 1.

I hope the KODI Team can take a look at this ......cheers and best wishes!
worth a shot: try with "use fullscreen window" instead of true fullscreen.
(2014-12-20, 15:32)wsnipex Wrote: worth a shot: try with "use fullscreen window" instead of true fullscreen.

Windows does not have that option. The video card can carry 2 signals by using 2 monitors it assures I have a desktop that spans both monitors.
XBMC 13.2 Gotham does not have the issue I described above. it appears some recent programming changes has caused this issue in KodiSetup-20141217-3d48584-Helix.
Windows does have that option, at least on the latest nightly with Windows 8.1 and 7. Well, that's what I see and I use three monitors on my main PC.

Edit: Woops, sorry I didn't read that you don't expand the desktop over monitors. I use Eyefinity and have everything centralised on the middle monitor without a task bar on the other two. I'm still not clear what you're trying to do. Are you trying to expand Kodi over both monitors or only have it showing up on one?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-12-21, 20:29)Piers Wrote: Edit: Woops, sorry I didn't read that you don't expand the desktop over monitors. I use Eyefinity and have everything centralised on the middle monitor without a task bar on the other two. I'm still not clear what you're trying to do. Are you trying to expand Kodi over both monitors or only have it showing up on one?
I'm sorry for making this issue sound confusing Sad, Taking your example: you have 3 monitors, with Kodi running on the middle monitor which also contains the task bar.
What happens to Kodi when you now click the mouse on the monitors on either side?

I have the same setup as you minus 1 monitor Smile When I click on the other monitors desktop with my mouse, Kodi minimizes itself to an Icon in the Task bar.
Turn both monitors on.
In windows, right click desktop/screen resolution and select 'EXTEND THESE DISPLAYS'.
Select the monitor for use with windows by checking 'MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY'.
Right click the taskbar and select 'PROPERTIES'.
Uncheck 'SHOW TASKBAR ON ALL DISPLAYS'.
You may need to unlock the taskbar and drag and drop it on the display intended for windows only.
Your other monitor intended for Kodi should show the windows wallpaper at this point.
Start Kodi and in its settings choose this display.
Kodi will always open on that monitor and windows will always remain on the other.
You can work with both screens ON at the same time OR in Kodi settings select 'BLANK OTHER DISPLAYS' under System/Video Output.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Also, this may be too obvious, but if not, in Video output in Kodi, you need to change Settings level to Advanced. "Use a fullscreen window" isn't an option in the Standard setting level.
Thanks for your input: brazen1 & natethomas

Ok! I finally see how my 2 monitor Video display problem can be resolved, in Kodi Big Grin
But I must observe: This is not readily apparent and somewhat confusing then simply picking menu items, from within Kodi Sad

The steps currently are:

Run Kodi>System>Settings>System>Video output>Display Mode
under Display mode I have 3 choices

>Windowed
>Full screen #1
>Full screen #2

Here is where the confusion arises: the word System is used twice within different dialog screens.
Once you have arrived at Settings there is a Video Title, but that Video Title title has nothing to do with changing Video output
You have to click System at the bottom. of the screen again to arrive at Video output
I would suggest deleting Video Output from Settings and adding it to the main titles, under Video.

So my revised procedure would be:

Run Kodi>System>Video>Video output>Display Mode
under Display mode I have 3 choices
>Windowed
>Full screen #1
>Full screen #2

My suggestion keeps all the Video stuff under one common title.

My 2 cents Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on 2 monitor display issue0