Win Intermittent lag during playback
I've been using an old HP dc7800 SFF PC for a media centre for about half a year now and it's been working great. I recently updated the system disk to an SSD but since it's old hardware it's still running on IDE mode, nevertheless it's lightning quick. However, I've been having an issue with XBMC (Goliath) ever since this upgrade. I'm getting intermittent lag and jerkiness during movie or tv show playback and it's an horrible lag, starts with the screen kinda freezes and the last word said is repeated for few seconds, when it goes back to normal you can definitely see some jerkiness in movements on screen. I just changed the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" settings and I'm hoping that will fix this.

Any other ideas?
Just happened again so that setting change didn't work.
No one?
I guess I should try to describe what happens a bit better.
Several times during a movie or a tv show the picture stops and the soundtrack goes nuts. It's kinda like a stuck record, like the image is going back and forth few seconds and making "eh eh eh eh eh" noises. Strange.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
please let us have a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmmm..will do. However it seems to be OK now. I was using an HDMI switch since I only have two ports on my TV, I've plugged it directly into the TV now and that seems to have fixed it so far

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent lag during playback0