Win Czech characters are not correctly displayed in EPG for coding ISO 6937
I use DVBLink server as a source of TV signal in the Czech Republic. The EPG is coded in ISO 6937 and Czech characters are correclty displayed in Microsoft Media Center, in DVBLink Server web pages but they are not correctly displayed in KODI.
KODI shows Czech extended characters as two corrupted characters.
I tried all different settings in KODI but nothing helped.
Hi,

same situation in my KODI. I tried to ask here on KODI forum as well as on DVBLogic forum without any answer Sad. It looks like bug and I think that we have only one last chance - we have to open ticket and wait till someone from development team will repair it in future versions. Did you try it?

Czech language: Ahoj, mám bohužel silný pocit, že nás tu Čechů moc nebude a že nám tak nikdo moc nepomůže. Co si myslíš o založení toho ticketu? Připadně napiš PM a zkusíme to nějak dovymyslet Wink
Ten problém se nebude týkat jenom češtiny, ale i dalších jazyků (např. polština), které pro některé nastavení používají ISO 6937. Ono těžko říci, kde ten bug bude buď to je v PVR a nebo přímo v KODI. Musíme prudit to je jediná šance, jak to postrčit. Mám bohaté zkušenosti s bug tickety a prosadil jsem i specifické opravy např. v Office a Windows.
Počkáme po novém roce, protože teď se velká aktivita nedá očekávat.
(2014-12-29, 11:57)amerotke Wrote: Ten problém se nebude týkat jenom češtiny, ale i dalších jazyků (např. polština), které pro některé nastavení používají ISO 6937. Ono těžko říci, kde ten bug bude buď to je v PVR a nebo přímo v KODI. Musíme prudit to je jediná šance, jak to postrčit. Mám bohaté zkušenosti s bug tickety a prosadil jsem i specifické opravy např. v Office a Windows.
Počkáme po novém roce, protože teď se velká aktivita nedá očekávat.

U mě je EPG zobrazené korektně. PVR plug-in VU+/enigma2 , win7 64

UPDATE:
Sorry for Czech language :
For PVR plug-in VU+/enigma2 , win7 64 is EPG displayed with correct national characters.
English only here please
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK Amerotke, I know a lot as well, because I'm in deep connection with Microsoft Wink)

But I think, that to create ticket on KODI will be something really different. If you did it in the past, please create ticket for this bug, send us URL with it and we'll support you afťer that. Are you OK with it?

Czech: vše ostatní a česky připadne skrze osobní PM, souhlas?
My original bug ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15646 has been closed. I have investigated the issue deeper and I have found that data in EPG database in KODI are stored correctly. Thus I have posted a new bug ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15710.
Amerotke> It's really interesting - how did you find it? And because I don't have any idea about tickets here in KODI, will anyone from developement team be in touch with you? Or how you, or we can get any information about future solution? Would it be part of next version of Kodi? Do we have to do anything? Could you please share as much information as you can here with us.

And - most important thing - THANK YOU!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Czech characters are not correctly displayed in EPG for coding ISO 69370