New install - "Tuner not available" error
Setting this all up for the first time and getting the error "Tuner not available" within XBMC when selecting a channel. XBMC is version 13.2 using the NextPVR add-in version 1.9.8. NextPVR is version 3.3.8. Using two HDHomeRun Plus tuners on firmware 20141124. I can tune using NextPVR and HDHomeRun View without issue. Have K-Lite Codec Pack installed and configured in NextPVR. Windows Firewall is completely disabled.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!
If you're in North America and using ATSC channels, you'll need to change your channels from major.minor numbers like "12.2", to whole numbers (like "12" and "13").

This bug with ATSC channels is fixed in the version of the NextPVR addon...just gotta wait for it to make it's way through the release process.
Hi Sub3,

Thanks for your response. The issue would be that 12.1 and 12.1 are two different channels with different content. Would I have to choose one over the other?

Not questioning your response in any way, but do you by chance have a link to this information? I would like to subscribe to keep an eye on the progress.

Thanks!
If the log files help...

XBMC.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezyeyc0wx6hz169/xbmc.log?dl=0
NRecord.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa9cj2mz4mmaep...d.log?dl=0
Web.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/19c2r6naoo69uyk/web.log?dl=0

Thanks Smile
(2014-12-21, 20:06)JBHorne Wrote: Thanks for your response. The issue would be that 12.1 and 12.1 are two different channels with different content. Would I have to choose one over the other?
You don't have to choose one over the other. Just give them unique numbers. ie, 12 and 13, or 121 and 122 or something like this.

Quote:Not questioning your response in any way, but do you by chance have a link to this information? I would like to subscribe to keep an eye on the progress.
There is a couple of other threads here that mentioned. The updates have already been submitted. As always, it's proving a long slow process getting any updates included XBMC/Kodi. Last I heard, these changes are going to be included in Kodi 14.1 (even though the changes were submitted 6 weeks ago, and we're not even at 14.0 yet). ie, I'm not sure how far away that'll be - months probably.
(2014-12-21, 20:44)sub3 Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 20:06)JBHorne Wrote: Thanks for your response. The issue would be that 12.1 and 12.1 are two different channels with different content. Would I have to choose one over the other?
You don't have to choose one over the other. Just give them unique numbers. ie, 12 and 13, or 121 and 122 or something like this.
So where does this need to be done? On the XBMC side or NextPVR?

Quote:Not questioning your response in any way, but do you by chance have a link to this information? I would like to subscribe to keep an eye on the progress.
There is a couple of other threads here that mentioned. The updates have already been submitted. As always, it's proving a long slow process getting any updates included XBMC/Kodi. Last I heard, these changes are going to be included in Kodi 14.1 (even though the changes were submitted 6 weeks ago, and we're not even at 14.0 yet). ie, I'm not sure how far away that'll be - months probably.
So there's no gitHub link to download the patches pre-release?

Thanks for all of your assistance!
(2014-12-22, 19:02)JBHorne Wrote: So there's no gitHub link to download the patches pre-release?
Nope, though I did post a Windows Helix build a few weeks ago.
(2014-12-21, 09:21)sub3 Wrote: If you're in North America and using ATSC channels, you'll need to change your channels from major.minor numbers like "12.2", to whole numbers (like "12" and "13").

This bug with ATSC channels is fixed in the version of the NextPVR addon...just gotta wait for it to make it's way through the release process.

Where/how does one go about changing their channels to whole numbers? In NextPVR? In Kodi?
In NextPVR, but you will also need to reset the Kodi PVR database.

Martin
(2015-01-11, 23:43)emveepee Wrote: In NextPVR, but you will also need to reset the Kodi PVR database.

Martin

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't really see how to change the channels to whole numbers in NextPVR. I'm hoping this thread is the answer to why I'm seeing "tuner not available", even though things work fine in NextPVR itself.

Edit: In Settings / Channels / Bulk Map, all the channels already appear to be whole numbers (though they show the decimals in the main channel view).

Edit 2: Maybe these lines in the log have something to do with it?

17:37:54 T:740 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:37:54 T:740 NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD:TonguereInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.
17:37:54 T:740 NOTICE: CWinRenderer:Tonguereinit - could not init DXVA-HD processor - skipping
17:37:54 T:3408 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
17:37:54 T:3408 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
17:37:54 T:3408 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All channels/0.pvr]

Here's my whole log file.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PGJNcG7y

Things work fine in NextPVR itself, though when I go to "Live TV" I do get ...please wait... for a while (maybe 8-10 seconds). Maybe Kodi doesn't like waiting around that long for the tuner? I'm using the Live TV dongle from a Boxee Box, which Windows picks up as a Haupage/Boxee HVR-950q.
(2015-01-11, 23:57)theredguy Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 23:43)emveepee Wrote: In NextPVR, but you will also need to reset the Kodi PVR database.

Martin

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't really see how to change the channels to whole numbers in NextPVR.
Go to the Settings->Channels tab, and double click the channels to see their details. Top left are the major and minor numbers. You can set these to whatever you need to. ie, 14.1 might get changed to 14.0, then it'll just be treated as the whole number 14.
(2015-01-12, 04:19)sub3 Wrote: Go to the Settings->Channels tab, and double click the channels to see their details. Top left are the major and minor numbers. You can set these to whatever you need to. ie, 14.1 might get changed to 14.0, then it'll just be treated as the whole number 14.
Thanks, that did it. I was trying to remove the minor number, not set it to 0. Now Kodi is starting the tuner. I've got some kind of weird buffering issue now, but I'll look around and try to figure out what that's about.
Posted for another topic also.

Have u tried enabling "Enable Timeshift with LiveTV" ?
System > addons > enabled addons > pvr clients > next pvr > advanced

Worked for me, very rarely tho, it gets stuck buffering, pressing stop n play sorts it in seconds

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install - "Tuner not available" error0