Library updating
I noticed that my TV show library is not updating like it should. I have tv show that had a new episode added to it but my tv library till I went back and manually ran the update. The new episode has been available on my NAS since last night so not sure why it didn't run. I have also reboot the server since then for another reason but it still didn't update. I looked at the Auto library update add-on as well but it looks like it only does movies not tv shows?

thanks for your help.
The library won't update unless you tell it to or if an add-on makes it run.

It will not (as stock) watch for new files.

When updating the video database it will update both movies and tv shows, so that add-on should work, otherwise just update the library manually when you want to watch something.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks I was under the impressions it watched for changes. I did run the auto timer add-on but it didn't do the tvshows for me do I have to make a settings change? I had to actually go and physically tell it to add to library again.
I'm not sure what you mean.

To update the library you typically need to open the "movies" or "tv shows" option, then open the left side pane (by pressing left or up keys), then selecting update library.

see, http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removi...he_library

Also, there is a library watch dog addon (I've never used it) that monitors your files for any changes then will update the library.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks for the help will look into it.
Mine auto updates, check your library section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library updating0