KODI RC 3 airplay only sound, no video
Hi all,

I have installed the latest RC 3 on my computer. I have iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.2. I would like to use airplay but here are the symptoms:
- if I use the pictures, it is working fine, everything is being displayed on the TV
- if I use my ipad movie player (GoodPlayer) some movies are displayed on the TV while others, I only have the sound and the milkdrop interface on the TV
- if I try games, I always get only the sound, nothing is displayed apart again from the milkdrop interface.

Thanks if you can help,

John.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=199277 <- won't change. Read from back to front.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
following is supported on kodi/xbmc:
- streaming photos
- streaming movies from the photo roll (self recorded)
- streaming movies from youtube using safari and other third party youtube apps (the official youtube app will not work!)
- streaming movies/videosfrom other apps as long as they don't fall under the unsupported category below (which they mostly do when you only get audio...)
- streaming audio/music

The ones that don't work for you are one of the following unsupported airplay streams:
- any drm encrypted video material (you will get audio only)
- any proprietary video content (like from official youtube app or netflix app) - only audio
- any airplay mirroring (like streaming games) because of unbrken encryption
- any urls that the internal kodi/xbmc playsr can't handle (e.x. mov playlists)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-21, 12:45)starcraft04 Wrote: - if I use my ipad movie player (GoodPlayer) some movies are displayed on the TV while others, I only have the sound and the milkdrop interface on the TV
- if I try games, I always get only the sound, nothing is displayed apart again from the milkdrop interface.

Sorry, I did not read that in detail. I thought of an other issue others in the linked thread have. Did not know you are trying DRM content.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI RC 3 airplay only sound, no video0