Win Visualization on/off toggle
Hi,

I'm stuck with a weird problem.

I'm streaming music to Bluray renderer (DLNA), but by doing so, I cannot see any Visualization (no milkdrop or any whatsoever).
I tried everything. My windows version is the last Kodi Helix.

When I switch to "play using" the viz sudden disappear!

so questions/solutions are possibly 3:
1) easy switch to toggle viz on/off, regardless which play to output is selected
2) easy configuration, or option, to ALWAYS leave viz on
3) how to set the default player to Renderer (instead of PAP), so that standard viz work with that.

Any idea?
Thank you very much in advance,
fabrizio
IMO that's the correct behavior and I am not even sure we can visualize something we're not even "playing".
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
that I guessed also.. but I believe that's a serious limitation of use.. and my inner free character is struggling with that!! ((

why on earth I could not, for instance, decide do play to whatever audio output and leave my screen FX on??

That sounds too illogical to me.
Thanks anyway for yr quick reply.
Hope I'll find a solution for that.
cheers.
It's not illogical at all, you simply don't understand how UPnP works.

With UPnP a URL address for where the media is stored is sent to the target device, so the target device streams direct from where the media is stored, thus the media stream doesn't pass through Kodi at all, Kodi only act as a control point and metadata server when this is happening.

For the visualizer to kick in the internal player needs to be used, as how else is Kodi going to get the audio data which a Visualizer needs?
FYI, you shouldn't post the same question in several different subforums.

As I answered in another of your theads:
That's simply not something DLNA can do (not counting any visualisations the client device itself might have). To display a visualisation from server to a DLNA client/renderer would require the server to encode the visualisation and music as a video in realtime and send the video to the client. It's not supported, and most likelly never will be. I doubt any available DLNA servers have such functionality.
Gents

thank you very much for your straight reply.
I wont post this anywhere else.

Yet would like to solve this problem and find any solution.. so

1) is there any possibility to play using 2 targets (PAP and dlna at the same time, of which one is mute) and by doing so activate the on screen viz?

Simple as that.
Kodi in general only supports a single player. You could overcome this by creating a psuedo player which sends the events both to upnp player and to local paplayer. That player would need to synchronize the state between the two players, but its doable.

With that said I really doubt such a patch would be approved and merged to mainline.

Upnp play on works much like Chromecas, it just sends the info what to play and get some events back about the state. The actual playback is done on target. And with Chromecast you don't expect to see YouTube video both on phone and TV.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization on/off toggle0