Solved Library generating duplicates after path change
I'm having a "small" problem, after upgrading hdd's i'v moved content from 4 drives to one.

I have changed the path's in the library .db's, and all library content is working.
But if/when I search for content in the new path, it generates duplicates of the entry's from there.
(and both the old and new entry is working, and a "clean library" does not help)
What do you mean if your search for content in the new path?
I mean when I select "Scan for new content" on the new hdd where i have set content type, and copied my content and fixed paths in library .db's so library is working.
yet it still generates duplicates.
this could be the same as mine

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209069

when i add a new source with blue ray folders it adds the film twice one path of index.bdmv and the other movieobject,bdmv when viewed in the library
Thank for the help.

But should proberbly specify a bit...
Using ver. 13.2 and the content is .avi, .mkv and some in .rar
Did you remove the sources in Kodi and clean?
Yep, removed old hdd's and corrected path's in library .db
That's not the same as going to video files, selecting each source and removing it.
Maybe so but after a fresh install, the old sources are gone.
And clean removes nothing from library.

Plus, I'm trying to keep my viewstat's, otherwise I'd just start over with a new library scan...
So when you scan the "new" source for new content, you get the "old" item where you already changed the path, and a "new" duplicate item?

Any chance you didn't edit the library correctly? Are you using a mySQL library or the default SQLite library? Maybe zip up you library and let someone have a look at it.
Yes exactly, and both are working(i.e. I can play/stream both library entry's)
I'm using the default SQLite library, first I tryed "export=>edit path in xml=>import", then I worked directly on the .db file with SqliteBrowser.
Both methods give me the same result.

Will you have a look at my db ?

As a side note, i have around ~9000 entrys, so there is a lot information.
(2014-12-22, 04:11)CrunchM Wrote: Plus, I'm trying to keep my viewstat's, otherwise I'd just start over with a new library scan...

You could have done this by exporting the Library to nfo files and then importing again, to get the watched info back an entry is needed in advancedsettings.xml, see importwatchedstate in Advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary (wiki)
@jjd-ud
Thx, I'll have to look in to that, it sounds like a way around the problem Smile
Well the .nfo export/import worked :-)
Thx for all the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library generating duplicates after path change0