Kodi Helix frontend client 0.3.108
Installing latest Win32 Helix nightly (20141221) installs pvr.wmc ver 0.3.108, but comparing this with ver 0.3.108 downloaded from the bit.ly site shows they are different. The one on bit.ly appears to be the latest dll at least, but the one bundled in Helix claims to have additional translations (per addon.xml though seems to be missing Tamil). Recommend bumping the current ver number.

scott s.
It's really quite frustrating but what keeps happening is that our DLNA and drive space display changes were made and released by us (originally as 0.3.107), but the pull request wasn't accepted into Kodi RC because it wasnt a crash fix and they werent taking new features. That would all be fine except for the fact that other things such as language updates or actual crash fixes DO get accepted and they then bump the version number. So first some changes to rename XBMC to Kodi came along and became 0.3.107 so we renumbered our individual release as 0.3.108 and released it again (and this time for more/most platforms). And now, there have been language/translation updates which took 0.3.108 so we have TWO instances of pvr.wmc 0.3.108 - the one we released by us which contains the DLNA etc changes and not the language file upadtes, and the one that is in Kodi RC builds which actually DOES NOT contain our changes but does contain language translations updates Sad It doesnt seem worth it to renumber our release again (to 3.109 or soemthing even higher) since the 3.108 we already released is out in the wild with many users already manually downloading and installing it, so that will probably just lead to more confusion

Also when other people who arent the dev team do the version bumps, they often dont know they have to change the version number in more than just the XML file, so we end up with an XML file saying it is version X but the actual compiled library still reports itself as X-1. Essentially it's a frustrating mess because we had no idea that our change wouldnt be accepted until after Kodi is released, until we'd already built and distributed our own version etc. With the slow pace of community development projects we can't always wait days/weeks for XBMC to accept or not accept a change, before we also make it available to our users, and it would be confusing to ave different version numbers for those released by us and those included in Kodi etc as well.

So yeah not really sure what we can do...

Also, in terms of which languages have translations, it's all done through Transifex so if you want Tamil or any other language, and you have the ability to contribute, that would be appreciated
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks. I can see the frustration. I wasn't paying attention and when I installed the nightly for testing skin changes saw the recording space wasn't working and when I saw the pvr.wmc ver was 108 thought maybe I broke something so I was just doing file compares and saw that there were deltas between the two different copies advertised as "108".

scott s.
What a pain in the ass. Maybe they should chill out about micro managing add ons.

Ok so what's the end effect for users right now?
Download the version off our download page if you want the latest features /fixes

Use the built in one if you want latest translations or don't need the features

After Xmas break we'll do a new build containing everything
What ever happened to the pvr.wmc repo? With changes in the official repo only allowed when Kodi version changes it might be worth reviving
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
No need to revive it, it's on github and is what we use for all development and sending PR's to upstream XBMC etc. I guess you may be referring to the old bitbucket repo but we moved to github when the addon was officially included in XBMC. The github repo is alive and up to date
(2014-12-27, 05:54)scarecrow420 Wrote: No need to revive it, it's on github and is what we use for all development and sending PR's to upstream XBMC etc. I guess you may be referring to the old bitbucket repo but we moved to github when the addon was officially included in XBMC. The github repo is alive and up to date

But is there a way to add it to Kodi addons so updates occur automatically?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
well our DLNA/drivespace changes finally were pulled into the official pvr addon repo, but by the time it occured the version number ended up having to be 0.3.109 so that makes things very confusing Smile

@dilligaf: I know what you are referring to now but it involved setting up a addon repository etc and since pvr.wmc is an official addon i dont think we really should do things like that. Better would be for Kodi to add support for upadting/distributing newer versions of PVR addons like you can with python addons already

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Helix frontend client 0.3.1080