Can't see UPNP server on any Android device
I have OpenELEC freshly installed 1 month ago max and i configured XMBC and OpenELEC to support streaming around the house. It works great on my TV except that RaspberryPI model B+ is a little slow to react, the video output in HDMI works great on my TV, but the interface is choppy, it's normal IMO, RaspberryPI is after all a very cheap and simple device compared to many higher end devices.

Before using OpenELEC, i had a hard disk attached to my router and this provided me with a very cheap UPNP solution, i couldn't read many files but at least, all my UPNP client devices in the house could read videos from it, my windows machine could, my linux machine could, my android devices (2 phones and a tablet) could... But, sadly, since i got OpenELEC, i can only stream to my windows box, i don't have my linux box anymore sadly so i can't test it but i know that all my Android devices don't see the XMBC UPNP server at all.

Unless i'm mistaken, my Windows Media Player is seeing the UPNP server natively from the machine and streams anything... i didn't have to configure anything to add it, it was there when i opened my WMP the next day! But when i use BubbleUPNP (which seems to be the best android app out there as a UPNP client), i can only see the UPNP server from my router which is empty now cause the files are on the XBMC device now and i can't select the XBMC server. I tried other clients, nothing, can never see the UPNP server on the android devices!

Can anyone shed some light here please?
I assume you've enabled uPnP? http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Server
Are all devices on the same subnet? (i.e. first three numbers in IP addresses match?)
Thanks for your support:

1) Obviously, or else i wouldn't see it in my Windows Machines... no?

2) Everything is on DHCP so i assume that yes, the masks should all be the same everywhere!
Are there any tools out there to listen to the network and diagnose UPNP problems? What are your favorite UPNP clients apart from BubbleUPNP on Android. Maybe it's just Bubble the problem (Although i doubt it)
I don't imagine this is a Pi specific problem. Try installing kodi on another platform (e.g. windows or linux) and check you see the same behaviour.

Assuming you do, then create a post in a general forum as more devs will see it. (The devs who know about uPnP and probably not following posts here).
K, i'll do that, have a nice christmas holiday if it applies to you!
Was there a solution found for this? I have kodi installed on my nexus7 and cannot see any upnp servers.
Didn't find the time to test on another machine. So much stuff to do sadly and this is real far down in my list of priorities right now. Maybe you could try other forums or trying the suggested windows install!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see UPNP server on any Android device0