Hardware for best picture
Print what?

And please don't ask for email support. This is a public forum and the questions and answers benefit other users.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-12-01, 20:02)Karnis Wrote: 3) Nvidia Shield...not bad but has color banding that will soon be resolved. Otherwise very similar to EGL. NO HD audio passthru yet but Jarvis will decode them to PCM & send to your receiver. Box itself is future proof for 4K. ~$199

As a shield owner, can you provide any indication when the colour banding issue will be resolved? it's driving me spare, to be honest...
(2015-12-04, 01:43)Dropbear67 Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 20:02)Karnis Wrote: 3) Nvidia Shield...not bad but has color banding that will soon be resolved. Otherwise very similar to EGL. NO HD audio passthru yet but Jarvis will decode them to PCM & send to your receiver. Box itself is future proof for 4K. ~$199

As a shield owner, can you provide any indication when the colour banding issue will be resolved? it's driving me spare, to be honest...

Nobody really knows, or if they do they probably can't say. There have been some people that have talked to Nvidia and they are aware of the issue and according to them (the people that talked to Nvidia) they have shown their concern about getting these types of issues fixed. But there has been no time frame announced as to when it will be addressed.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...1/#4742661

Best guess though, there will probably be some fixes with the next update, which should be the Android 6.0 update, which is supposed to be out before the end of the year.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-11-29, 06:53)Vasa Wrote: There are a lot of great discussions about best hardware based on ability to play smooth video for certain formats and audio usage scenarios, but not so much about what is recommended to generate the best picture quality (colors, details, noise, etc.) or are all the ones similar since based on same Kodi base? So if starting with the assumption that the hardware can play the main formats, are there certain platforms that stands out or perhaps hardware requirements to enable an improvement / allow certain type of processing?

This is a great discussion, but I have a question: What hardware do I need to buy so I get a better picture than the thread starter Vasa? Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware for best picture0