Linux Build: 2 synced (fanless) players with RC
Enjoy the flicker free perfectly synced video on the Chromeboxes Smile

Hi all

For people with the same setup:

Had an issue trying to set up Kodi/OpenELEC on Asus Chromebox to connect with a MySQL database on my Synology NAS.
Had to change this setting in Kodi to make it work:
System --> OpenELEC --> Network --> Wait for network before starting Kodi --> ON

Apparently Kodi does not use the MySQL database specified in "advancedsettings.xml" if the network connection is not available yet.
And apparently Kodi starts faster then the network connection on OpenELEC.

Grtz.
(2014-12-28, 19:51)Netboost Wrote: Hi all

For people with the same setup:

Had an issue trying to set up Kodi/OpenELEC on Asus Chromebox to connect with a MySQL database on my Synology NAS.
Had to change this setting in Kodi to make it work:
System --> OpenELEC --> Network --> Wait for network before starting Kodi --> ON

Apparently Kodi does not use the MySQL database specified in "advancedsettings.xml" if the network connection is not available yet.
And apparently Kodi starts faster then the network connection on OpenELEC.

Grtz.

I've now noted this in the wiki (thought it was already there, since I run the same setup myself, but apparently not)
Hi all

Only issue I'm having with the Asus Chromebox now;
When I boot the device, I see some "flickering" on screen.
When I unplug the HDMI cable and replug it, from then on the image is like it should be.

Solution would be to let the box always on. But I'd really like to know what is going wrong to fix this.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks.
Possibly HDMI cable faulty. Try that faulty one on another device and see if you get similar issues.

Hi all

I got an issue with this setup when switching sources on my TV.
In this movie you can see it happen: http://netboost.be/download/issue.mov

Steps:
1. TV (Samsung UE40C6000) is ON.
2. Boot AsusChromebox/OpenElec/Kodi media player.
3. You can see it play at 1920x1080 @60Hz.
4. Switch input source to other device (digital TV from Telenet) playing at 1920x1080i @50Hz.
5. When switching the input source back to the Chromebox, you get snow + strange sound.

Sometimes the switch works fine.
Mostly this happens a few times when the Chromebox was shut down completely.
But anyway; this is not how it should work.

When stuck in the snow/sound, and I unplug and plug the HDMI back in, it restores everything.

I tried also another HDMI cable but got the samen problem.

What is happening and how to fix this?

FYI: I got the same setup on another Samsung TV model in the bedroom. I don't have got the problem overthere yet.

Thanks a lot!
Just tried to use HDMI input 3 instead of HDMI input 4.
Same issue.
same setup = another chromebox? are they running the same firmware version? I recently made some changes to the video bios init that might help, so try updating the problematic one.

also, does this problem occur if you have the chromebox output set to 50Hz?
Got the problem on both chromeboxes. Same setup yes. Don't know if they run the same firmware version. How to check this? And how to update this?
(it's a dual boot setup)

Also can't find how to change the HDMI output to 50Hz.

Thanks.
(2015-01-24, 08:12)Netboost Wrote: Got the problem on both chromeboxes. Same setup yes. Don't know if they run the same firmware version. How to check this? And how to update this?
(it's a dual boot setup)

you just re-download/re-run the EZ setup script from ChromeOS, and choose the option to update the legacy BIOS (#4) under the dual boot heading.

Quote:Also can't find how to change the HDMI output to 50Hz.

In Kodi, it's under System/Settings/System/Video Output. Be sure the settings level is Advanced or Expert so you see all of the options.
Hi all

I need a 3th Asus Chromebox (synced with the 2 current boxes).
But I can't find any supplier anymore...

If this really isn't available anymore, I'm f***ed Smile

Where can I find this or an equivalent?

I made an install procedure and really want the same dual boot installation on a 3th box.

What to buy?
Can you guys help me?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build: 2 synced (fanless) players with RC1