• 16(current)
Headless Kodi
Now I got the docker version of sparklyballs running. I want in the docker via bash. I installed rtmpdump and ffmpeg. How do we start that docker via command line. I go into opt/kodi-server/bin/kodi it tells me install glvideo graphic card. Is there a way to run the docker headless. I use external players to send video to the clients. I got my setup working on a ubuntu desktop, and I'm trying to migrate the userdata from ubuntu, to the headless server.

Is there a way to start the kodi? indide the container?
(2015-08-04, 22:54)montana Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 18:38)wsnipex Wrote: make sure you have all build depends from README.linux/ubuntu installed.

Now I installed the complete version of kodi. and it tells me cannot find gui existing...

I downloaded the full version, installed it, then installed few headless version, I am getting compiling on the headless version. Missing library. But I see the library been installed from the full version. What is the right way to do it?

you need to do what wsnipex said.
Is kodi going server/client version some time? near future or far future?
Hi

I recently installed Sparklyballs Docker Helix Headless: https://hub.docker.com/r/sparklyballs/he...odi-helix/ on my Synology NAS.

The container is created and I can connect ok to the web server on (mapped) port 8080.

However I don't seem to be able to see any of my content via the web server, should this be the case?

I've copied my standard sources.xml to the container userdata folder but this doesn't seem to have done anything.

Can someone confirm if I should be able to browse my media from the web browser as per normal. If so, then is there anything special that needs to be done to define sources in the headless build?

Thanks
did you scan the library?
Hi

Got it working by copying my advancedsettings.xml to the container. I didn't think I had to do this because this was being set via the Environment Variables? I could also see the container had taken the Environment Variables (MYSQLip etc.) ok as they showed up in the log.
(2015-08-12, 16:20)Skank Wrote: Is kodi going server/client version some time? near future or far future?

Anyone? Planned for kodi 16?
(2015-07-26, 19:13)pgjensen Wrote:
(2015-07-22, 22:54)fma965 Wrote: Just to let you know that my RC2 patch (modified from the RC1 patch) works fine on the final release of 15.0

git clean --hard 2f34a0c (for Final)

git clean won't take --hard as a parameter. all the steps are listed below.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git -b Isengard --depth=1
cd xbmc
git reset --hard 2f34a0c
wget https://goo.gl/oVsvol -O Isengard15Final.patch
git apply --check Isengard15Final.patch
git apply Isengard15Final.patch
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/opt/kodi-server-15
make -j2
make install

I'm following this but getting to "git reset --hard 2f34a0c" and its throwing this error. Any ideas?

Code:
quixers@puma:~/kodi15/xbmc$ git reset --hard 2f34a0c
fatal: ambiguous argument '2f34a0c': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this:
'git <command> [<revision>...] -- [<file>...]'
My patch ( https://github.com/Celedhrim/docker-kodi...less.patch ) works fine
on xbmc isengard branch since 15.0RC2 ( last 15.1).

You can test with it Smile
Hi,

I have got the latest sparky helix version running today on Synology. I can access the web ui and see it connected up with mysql perfectly. I cannot get it to accept or update the library though. I use Sonarr to send update command which it seems to do but nothing gets updated. Any idea where to start looking (very new to docker)?

Running updates from any other kodi works fine. I did not add a sources.xml file to the headless kodi (didn't think it was needed).

Other question. This Kodi headless on my Synology does not seem to present itself as a Upnp library. I don't know if it is usefull at all though as I am already using the MySql option.

Thank you all for the great work. One step closer to a Kodi client/server solution.
I got a full kodi working in docker without modifying anything in kodi or library. I got it working with a virtual screen, a x screen or something. Its working great. But I guess it running really slow to boot in docker but after its ok. I just got it running with a script changing the autoexec.py in the userdata to start a command. I didnt figure out how to controle kodi with a distance.

Its running like a real server. I could run 2 kodi at the same time on the same docker running different streams.

This can be use, if you have the same stream going in a house, without downloading the same stream on different device. I was trying to get something to stream onces and share with others.
(2015-08-14, 11:30)Skank Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 16:20)Skank Wrote: Is kodi going server/client version some time? near future or far future?

Short answer: no
We are a long way away from a true headless version as well even if it's usable now with som tinkering
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2015-08-23, 17:39)Paxxi Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 11:30)Skank Wrote:

Short answer: no
We are a long way away from a true headless version as well even if it's usable now with som tinkering

MM okay thats a pity...
i thought plex has this already quite some time.. but i prefer kodi though
Is Emby with Kodi support a replacement for a headless Kodi? Or would Kodi stil have more features?
For those non-developers looking for a better way to share your library across multiple Kodis, DLNA, and even other devices and across the internet, do check out the Emby.media media server with the Kodi add-on. Headless kodi now! Thanks to cyberwizzard 's mention, i checked this out (after using XBMC/Kodi UPNP sharing for years), installed and converted all of my Kodi installation to use the Emby server backend. Perfect! Best of both worlds.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headless Kodi5