Help firetv xbmc
I just got a new firetv today I have downloaded adbfire and it connects to my fire but will not install the apk just keeps installing forever what could be the problem? windows 8.1
Have a read over our Fire TV page, http://kodi.wiki/view/FireTV
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Learn how to use Android Debug Bridge. It will come in handy if you plan to stay in this hobby.
so what you are saying is the program will not work for this?
Adbfire works fine to install KODI. However, sometimes it did stall on me. I just disconnected and reconnected the abfire and it eventually worked. You can also restart the fire tv.

Using an wired network may improve things.
wired and wireless has the same result installing forever never finishes
If you have access to an android tablet or phone, download whatever version of kodi you want and download JS Terminal. I assume you will have some sort of file management program like ES File Explorer to get the full copypath to the downloaded file. Make sure your phone or tablet is on the same network as the FTV.

Open JS Terminal and do this

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect FTV IP ADDRESS:5555
adb install COPY FULLPATH OF KODI VERSION FROM DOWNLOADS

enjoy
I have noticed entering the wrong path of where the install package is located can cause this sort of a scenario.

First make sure it connects to the IP. Second, make sure you have the location and path added in environment variable in windows. Third make sure you get the full location of the apk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help firetv xbmc0