Panasonic 55 led tv [txl55wt50b]
Pulse eight adapter

CEC was working. now it is not.

xbmc Debug log is here
Code:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=379592

thanks in advance
edit:
Ive tried powering off the TV. Unplugged it for several minutes to give the cec adapter in telly a chance to reset.
I notice this error is happening: CEC transmission - received response - TRANSMIT_FAILED_ACK

Ran this command and have seen that the adapter is seen:

Code:
htpc@HTPC-1:~$ cec-client -l
Found devices: 1

device:              1
com port:            /dev/ttyACM0
vendor id:           2548
product id:          1002
firmware version:    4
firmware build date: Thu Dec  6 11:15:20 2012 +0000
type:                Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter

edit 2:
so after a lot of playing around and multiple re-installs, I can conlcude that the issue is with the xorg driver for my amd r7 graphics card.

I say this because on a clean install with only xbmc installed and the xorg drivers enabled as default, there is no control via cec.
I change to a proprietry driver for the card and cec control starts working, but i have screen res issues with under / overscan.
I dont want to use these drivers for a numbere of reasons, primarily due to the issue of getting a black screen after WOL and having to do another fresh install as there is no access to grub. ive tried all the options, escape | shift | up | down. nothing

What's interesting is that after the most recent fresh install it did work as expected and I thought i jsut got lucky, so I set the cec to suspend when the tv gets turned off and to wake up when the tv is turned back on.
Tested it and it booted into a black screen again, but with the open source driver enabled.
Did a hard reset and started kodi only to find that cec wasn't working anywmore.

Somebody. Anybody.Please help.
Ask for any info you need to help me get to the bottom of this.
bump ^^ new info added above ^^
Did you try if it works with OpenELEC?

I'd rather check the libcec library first, afaik your GPU driver has nothing to do with CEC - your GPU driver is not driving the USB port the CEC adapter needs to be connected to on the HTPC.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Hi .:B:.
Thanks for your response.

I've not tried OpenElec on my HTPC since a I upgraded from the Rpi a few months back.
TBH, I didn't even think of using it.

I'll load it up in the next few days and report back.

Thanks for your suggestion.
OK, so I loaded Openelec and it works.

Well, only until I power off the tv and turn it back on again. Then CEC stops working

Here is the log file right after installation (CEC is working)

Code:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=383301

Then enabled debugging, and rebooted manually (CEC still working)

Code:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=383302

Here is the log file after first tv power cycle without me changing any settings anywhere (CEC not working)

Code:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=383303

Any thoughts / help?

Thanks in advance
So, after a plethora of issues, including a HDD failure, I upgraded to OE 5.

I tested this last night and it works well with the suspend mode.

What I am experiencing is that it takes up to three or four minutes after OE boots for any USB devices to be recognised. As I'm using pulse eight, the remote doesn't work initially.
I use a BT keyboard and it works to get to BIOS, but once OE boots any devices take a while to load.
This was happening on the previous version of OE as well.

This could very well have been the initial issue, but I didn't realise it the.

Any ideas why it takes so little long?

I'm not home now, so can't upload recent debugs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[part solved] xorg AMD driver causes CEC control to stop working0