Linux Kodi 14 - lost flac encoder
XBMC 13.2 on Lubuntu 14.04.01 - upgraded to Kodi 14 today. Config and libraries migrated OK and I have reset user and autostart.
Prior to the upgrade I had Music set to rip CD and use FLAC audio encoder. When I checked system settings post upgrade, the encoder was set to "none" and I have a choice only of AAC and WMA and no others to install. The menu selected AAC when I exited. Can I get back to creating to FLAC music files and, if so, how?
Ah crap, I knew I forgot to add something to the Helix FAQ (wiki). Basically, most of the audio encoders are now binary add-ons, and right now the internal Kodi add-on manager can't access them (but I hear this will be added in the future), so you install them as an apt-get package. This is also how PVR add-ons are handled.

Code:
apt-get install kodi-audioencoder-flac

I'll add all of this to the Ripping CDs (wiki) wiki page.

EDIT: xbmc-audioencoder-flac -> kodi-audioencoder-flac
I have the team-xbmc PPA configured, but attempting to install either "xxxx-audioencoder-flac" fails with package not found. Neither is listed in Synaptic, either. The only audio packages listed relate to "audio-dev". Any suggestions?
sudo apt-get update then try again

Quote:fritsch@t440s:~$ apt-cache search kodi audioencoder
kodi-audioencoder-lame - FLAC audio encoder for Kodi
kodi-audioencoder-lame-dbg - debug symbols for FLAC audio encoder for Kodi
kodi-audioencoder-flac - FLAC audio encoder for Kodi
kodi-audioencoder-flac-dbg - debug symbols for FLAC audio encoder for Kodi
kodi-audioencoder-vorbis - Vorbis audio encoder for Kodi
kodi-audioencoder-vorbis-dbg - debug symbols for Vorbis audio encoder for Kodi
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I did (do every time), but nothing then.
Just tried again.
Now have whole bunch of stuff, including PVR related, not previously showing.
Thank you ... now have FLAC, LAME & Vorbis available.
I build Jarvis myself from sources on Debian. Where can I find the encoder addons in that case?
The official repo does not show any encoders.
https://github.com/xbmc - separate repositories. remember to build and install kodi first to get addon bindings available on your system.
Have just reinstalled with Lubuntu 16.04 on the weekend, had a hiccup with the team-xbmc ppa not working so no Kodi, just tried again and got Kodi 16.1, but no FLAC or other encoders again.
Tried the apt-get update and apt-cache search commands as before and get nothing.
Where are the other audioencoders now, please?
Same answer, they're in the Team Kodi PPA. If the Team Kodi PPA is not working then you cannot install them.
Still looking for the audioencoder packages in team-xbmc ppa for Xenial. Lots of other stuff has appeared, but no encoders.
Alternatively, any suggestions as to where I might find them another way? I tried the xbmc-old ppa route, but the packages were not there either.
should be fixed now.
Thank you ... all sorted ... back in action.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14 - lost flac encoder0