Linux Harmony remote stopped working after upgrade to Kodi 14.0
Hi everyone, I've been searching online and on the forums to try to figure out what caused my harmony remote to all of the sudden stop working.

Everything was working fine under XBMC 13.2 until I upgraded to Kodi 14.0 today.

I'm currently running Ubuntu Linux 14.04 with an Nvidia video card running 340.65, I also have the HP IR USB receiver. In addition I also have a Logitech BT keyboard which works perfectly fine under Kodi 14.0

I prefer to use my Harmony remote as I have been using it for as long as I can remember so really hoping to find a fix.

I have LIRC installed and I tried configuring it with both Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes and Linux input layer. When I run 'irw' and I press keys on my harmony nothing appears on the console. My harmony is configured to send MCE keyboard commands.

Hoping someone can help me figure this one out?

Thx.
Hi. I have been using XBMCbuntu and also a full install of Ubuntu 14.04 with XBMC and the only way I could get my Harmony to work was to remove LIRC altogether, then it was fine.
I have tried upgrading to KODI but the remote is now too "sensitive", jumping several entries no matter how quickly I press a key.
Something in this area was changed between 13.2 and 14 but no one else has reported this behaviour

rgds.
Same here. I did not have lirc installed though. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next version. for now I'm using the XBMC remote on my cell.

Also - I tried the Microsoft remote and got the same results.

the STOP button no longer works
the PAUSE button no longer works
For now I've been able to get things working with my Harmony remote setup as "MCE Remote". I would like to see if I can get "MCE Keyboard" working again.
I experience the same issue using a non-MCE remote with Openelec 5.0.0 (XBMC 14.0). In "ir-keytable -t" I would see the event "key_down KEY_STOP (0x001)" but Kodi does not recognize it and video would continue playing. Also, video would not pause on "KEY_PLAYPAUSE" events.

To fix the pause button issue, I had to change userdata/keymaps/remote.xml tag <keymap><global><remote><play> from "Play" to "PlayPause".

To fix the stop button issue, I had to re-enabled LIRC and it worked right away.

Note on Lircmap: Re-enabling LIRC required some custom button mapping for my configuration in userdata/Lircmap.xml. For some reason, the custom buttons I had previously configured under Gotham ("yellow","red","blue") all worked fine, but the button I tried to add today ("orange") resulted in an error in kodi.log to the effect of "Remote Translator: Cannot find button orange". I'm not sure if the Lircmap.xml was being read from somewhere other than the usual userdata/ location, but it didn't work properly with my <orange> entry in remote.xml.
i am now having the exact same problem as yourselves, particularly Stokd, in that when i use:

Code:
sudo ir-keytable -t

the stop button returns KEY_STOP as an example. the button mapping looks correct, but isn't being picked up by Kodi 14. However, I do have PlayPause without having done anything.... I am also seeing the "skip scrolling" too, when it simulates many button presses at once.

i am NOT installing LIRC again, as i hate it. with this in mind, has anyone been able to restore previous functionality still using the in-kernel LIRC functions & ir-keytable keymap files?
I changed KEY_STOP to KEY_X in the keytable to fix it.
See :

212663 (thread)
Thanks Alec, I saw you put that in another thread.

Did you have to do anything for the rewind, fast forward buttons? Mine doesn't seem to do these either...
I am using KEY_R and KEY_F.

Using this as a reference :

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls#...gh_the_GUI

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony remote stopped working after upgrade to Kodi 14.00