Req Duplicate TV Show Section
Hello,

Firstly, sorry to bother you with such a request.

Is there a way to duplicate the TV Show section and rename it?
I'd like to separate Anime and actual TV shows. I know you can simply add a tab with a path, but that way you don't get the same visuals considering it's just one tab.

I like to see the 'newly added series' (or whichever it is, which is shown by TV shows) as well as the airing dates, separately from actual TV shows. And so duplicating the TV show category but with it being renamed to 'Anime'.

I don't know if this is possible but I certainly hope it is.

Thank you very much for your time!

Brett

Edit: Also, I am also unsure as to whether it should be posted as a skin mod request or a Kodi mod request in general. Sorry about that.
It's a skin mod request and it's possible, but won't be included with the main release.

You'll need to start with home.xml and files relating to that, at the moment I'm working on additional two skins so don't have the files to hand.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-12-24, 05:13)Piers Wrote: It's a skin mod request and it's possible, but won't be included with the main release.

You'll need to start with home.xml and files relating to that, at the moment I'm working on additional two skins so don't have the files to hand.

Is it a simple manner of simply copying the original code of the TV shows and giving it a different number and name? I guess not right?
(2014-12-24, 11:27)qyxs Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 05:13)Piers Wrote: It's a skin mod request and it's possible, but won't be included with the main release.

Is it a simple manner of simply copying the original code of the TV shows and giving it a different number and name? I guess not right?

I think you are right, if you were to simply duplicate the TV show sections and rename it Anime i think you would just end up with 2 categories that would contain the same, changing the name would change nothing to where the settings for that category point to (could be wrong ..)

Though im interested in doing this, i lack the knowledge to do so c:
(2014-12-24, 11:41)Joontje Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 11:27)qyxs Wrote:

I think you are right, if you were to simply duplicate the TV show sections and rename it Anime i think you would just end up with 2 categories that would contain the same, changing the name would change nothing to where the settings for that category point to (could be wrong ..)

Yeah, makes sense. Same here.

So I suppose it unfortunately isn't going to happen. We'll have to make do with what we have.
(2014-12-26, 14:34)qyxs Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 11:41)Joontje Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 11:27)qyxs Wrote: Is it a simple manner of simply copying the original code of the TV shows and giving it a different number and name? I guess not right?

Yeah, makes sense. Same here.

So I suppose it unfortunately isn't going to happen. We'll have to make do with what we have.
Been attempting the same type of thing but with the application page. It's not as simple as copy and pasting the code. But I am nearly complete.
Hello, I'm brand new to XBMC (working on it for 4 days now) but I do have a possible suggestion:

* Create the second TV Show category labeled as Anime Shows
* Direct it to the same library source since all TV Shows will automatically download to there
* and just like creating a playlist, is it possible to have it filter "Must have at least 1 tag; anime, animation, animated" ?

this method would also allow the existing TV Show search system to be used (genre, year, actors and such)

I too am looking to build this exact thing for anime to have its own section, is it possible this way?
Personally I'd just create a smart playlist and have it as a tile in the TV section on the home screen.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
an anime tab would be awesome, but i think more generic functionality like "add custom tab" would be useful to more folks

i too have a large anime collection and keeping it separate from hollywood takes a little effort.

like Piers said the easiest way is with 2 smartPlaylist ... path contains "anime" & path does not ... and we put both on the homeScreen. this is good enough to keep the wife happy. i've fallen in love with a few skins in the past but had to pass them by because the mrs will NOT put up with everything being jumbled together ( and i'm too lazy to hack the xml )

its worth noting a few weeks ago i found the plugin video.node.editor, in the repo
  • with it, i duplicated the TV branch ( genres/rating/title/new... )
  • set a rule on the original branch. path does not contain anime
  • did the inverse on the new branch. path does contain anime
i've also made a few new anime specific nodes
  • OVAs = < 4 eps
  • series = >3 eps
  • sort by rating
the only piece i haven't gotten to yet is tying these new nodes to the tiles on the homeScreen ... this is where custom-tabs would be awesome
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate TV Show Section0