Kodi and x265 on amazon TV?
Hi,

is it possible to use kodi and the new x265 codec with 1080p movies on the amazon fire tv? Or is the hardware not powerfull enough?
Nope. Some 720 videos, maybe, but not 1080.
Some nice H265 samples here to test:

http://www.libde265.org/downloads-videos/

Thx.
(2014-12-24, 13:18)wrxtasy Wrote: Some nice H265 samples here to test:

http://www.libde265.org/downloads-videos/

Yes - and very off topic I've discovered my 2014 Sony TV plays the HEVC stuff fine in its built in Media Player. (I think I spotted an Android volume control briefly appear - even though my TV is sold with neither GoogleTV nor Android branding. Would make sense if the Bravia Apps were some kind of GTV/Android solution though?)
Stupid question from a noob:

What part of the Device (Amazon fire TV, MK808b Plus) processes the h.265?

Asking because I just bought the Amazon fire TV and I see on the box, it says it can do h.264.

I recently purchased an MK808b Plus stick a few weeks ago (still has not arrived yet) and it says it can do h.265.

I know Amazon is quad core a9 and the mk808b plus is a quad core a5.

It is the cores that is doing the processing or is it some specific hardware that was just included in the mk808b plus that is able to process h.265?

Thanks in advance
It is not the CPU at all, so the number of cores means nothing. It is a little VPU, video processing unit, that handles this. The VPU doesn't really have "power" or not, but rather is just something that handles certain codecs or not. The CPU, GPU, VPU, RAM, and other parts all make up what is called the SoC, System on a Chip.
(2014-12-27, 03:18)Ned Scott Wrote: It is not the CPU at all, so the number of cores means nothing. It is a little VPU, video processing unit, that handles this. The VPU doesn't really have "power" or not, but rather is just something that handles certain codecs or not. The CPU, GPU, VPU, RAM, and other parts all make up what is called the SoC, System on a Chip.

Thank you very much for the explanation!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and x265 on amazon TV?0