Hide Non-HD Channels?
Hi everyone,
I'm new to Kodi (coming from WMC) and I'm trying to get my setup dialed in. One thing I would like to do is either "hide" all of non-HD channels from the guide, or at least have it so when I open the guide for the first time it starts at a predetermined channel (like the first HD channel I have - 702). This would also be good for hiding the few DRM channels that I can't play.
Does anyone know if this is possible? I can't find a setting that works.
I went into the Channel Manager and moved all the non-SD channels into the "hidden" column, saved the changes and it didn't work. I went through and "deactivated" a few of the channels, saved the changes and that still didn't work.
I'm running ServerWMC as my backed on Kodi 14.0 with the Aeon Nox skin
Thanks.
If you're saying the "hide channel" function doesn't work, please file a bug report on trac.kodi.tv. In the mean time you could add the channels you want to a group and just use that group, that way you won't see any unwanted channels but you're still able to access them easily.
Or such way easier: new Sattelite search only FTA @ Mediacenter.
@element192 you can also create a channel group in wmc that contains only the channels you want to view in kodi. Then you can set serverwmc to only import this channel group.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-12-30, 19:26)krustyreturns Wrote: @element192 you can also create a channel group in wmc that contains only the channels you want to view in kodi. Then you can set serverwmc to only import this channel group.

Thanks for the reply, @krustyreturns.

Not sure if this gives a different result, but I did what @negge suggested and created a new channel group within Kodi which has only HD, non-DRM channels. This group loads as the default and seems to do exactly what I want it to do.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Yeah, no problem. The only difference is, if you do it the way I described, ONLY those channels will be imported into kodi - so you won't have kodi handling multiple channel groups. Advantages are kodi doesn't bother loading epg for stuff you won't view and your users won't wonder into the wrong channel group. But whatever works.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Non-HD Channels?0