Recording Copy Once Channels?
Hello,
So I know that I can't actively watch copy once channels with Kodi, but I'm wondering if I set a recording on a copy once channel (which I can view in WMC) will it record it through WMC and actually work? Then maybe I could run it through MCEBuddy or something to convert the file format?
Or if I know I want to record something on a copy once channel should I just launch WMC and set it to record directly from the source?
Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense, I guess I just don't know how the recordings in Kodi work versus WMC when using ServerWMC as the backend.
Thanks.
Yes, you can set recordings on drm channels with kodi. That's because all recordings are happening with with wmc's recording service, which runs in the background on the wmc machine. Swmc just makes recording requests to that recording service, same thing wmc does
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
That's what I figured, thank you. I was just surprised by one of the copy once channels yesterday when I was browsing (I'm on Comcast). I thought it was just "premium" channels like HBO, Showtime, stuff like that. But for me, DisneyXD was blocked. Surprising to me. But i guess if I can just record a show from that channel it shouldn't be a problem.
As long as you view the recording in WMC of course...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-12-26, 08:05)scarecrow420 Wrote: As long as you view the recording in WMC of course...

Well my solution to this would have been to just use MCEBuddy to convert the recordings and move them to my TV Shows folder. But I'm finding more and more "normal" channels to be copy once by Comcast which is not going over well with my wife... This DRM stuff is so obnoxious.
Comcast in my area seems very reasonable, only premium channels are protected.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Yeah, how are you determining that these channels are drm'd? Maybe there is something else going on.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-12-26, 21:07)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah, how are you determining that these channels are drm'd? Maybe there is something else going on.

Because they have the same behavior as when I go to HBO (I have HBO). So far the ones I've come across are: Disney XD (DXDHD), Destination America (GRNHD), and FYI (BIOHD). I've only noticed them because they're the channels my wife has tried to watch something on.

What happens when I go to them is that the screen goes mostly gray with some random colored squares and kind of "blinks." I just chalked it up to DRM issues because when I go to HBO the same thing happens. These channels work fine in WMC.

For now I'm going to try and follow another member's advice and I've created a custom group of channels and excluded the ones that don't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording Copy Once Channels?0