OS X Audio bitrate problem (32 floating instead of 24 integer)
I have this problem since the release of 13.0. I tryed searching the whole world wide web, but cannot find anything that works.

so the thing is I have an hackintosh connected to my logitech z5500 via coax. This z5500 doesn't support 32-bit floating point audio. So normally I have in the midi app everything set to 48k with 24-bit integer. (see first picture).

The minute I start playing any video file, xbmc changes this to 48k with 32-bit floating point. This means my sound stop. I have to open midi and change it to 24-bit integer while the video is playing to get audio back again. (see second picture)

In the pre 13.0 era I didn't have any problem with this. Anyone who has a clue what i can do to fix this? i just don't want xbmc to change my audio settings.

(I was hoping 14.0 would fix this, but same problem)

See my log at:
http://pastebin.com/67Vy1f41

image 1: without video playback

Image 2: with video playback
well we can't detect that your card has problems with 32bit float as it is reported to us as working and listed in the supported streamformats of your device. Internally the complete kodi audio engine uses float data hence we select this for output aswell for minimizing any needed data conversion. As this is a hackintosh you might be able to somehow remove the unsupported formats from the device. All in all this is an inconsistent system you are running (driver reports float as working format but hardware doesn't support).

We won't add any hacks for those setups just for one person - so it needs to be fixed on the os side.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I understand. Just to clarify: the soundcard does support float (thats not the problem), but my speaker system doesn't.

But there is no way to the kodi in advancedsettings.xml to use integer instead of float?
nope not atm
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio bitrate problem (32 floating instead of 24 integer)0