Card Reader has a built in IR port that IS MCE compatible
Wink 
So after setting up KODI on an old AMD APU I had laying around, I wanted remote control. I know I can use my phone, but then that didn't mesh with my Harmony remote. They had the Home Smart Hub on sale, so I grabbed that and it made my itch to control KODI from all one device even greater. I needed an IR port for my PC.

No computer places had anything in stock and I didn't want to wait 6 weeks from china for one, not pay $50 to order one near me when I didn't want the remote. I have a Harmony remote and a Home Smart Hub now.

I remember I had an old IR dongle from the original Xbox that I modded for PC use. Drivers are out of date, couldn't get it to work with Windows. Tried the KodiUbuntu. It would work, but 1 button press would send Kodi into a key loop and whatever key I pressed, Kodi would just keep repeating it, freezing up.

then I noticed my cheap $15 card reader had a small LED looking light on it that I never noticed light up. The card-in light is on the other side. Looked up the documenation for it, nothing online about it, no docs, no drivers. Looked in my device manager by chance and saw microsoft ehome drivers, installed and fully running. Programmed my Harmony remote for Microsoft Media center, pointed it at my case and it works. Moved the card reader to the Kodibuntu machine, works no problem.

Now my harmony hub can control my media pc, tv, sound bar, led lights, hdmi switch box and aromatic vaporizer all from an app on my phone.

Here is a pic of the card reader. It's fully windows 7,8 and ubuntu ready and any harmony remote at least can control it right out of the box. $15 and it has usb ports, card readers and IR on it.It's a ican r-105

Little FYI I thought'd I pass on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Card Reader has a built in IR port that IS MCE compatible0