MP3 Tags not reading right?
I am having some trouble with RaspBMC and I cannot figure this out. I am asking here because I would think it would be more ofn XBMC issue than a RaspBMC port issue.

The trouble is with MP3 tags. I have a playlist set up to play Christmas music from my network media server. I'm going to use this file - http://www.RobotsAndComputers.com/temp/h...us-9MB.mp3 - as an example, although I notice this on a lot of my MP3s. You can see that the filename is 'hallelujah-chorus-9MB.mp3'. Now when the songs are displayed on screen, it is showing up as '06. Various Artists - Track 6'. Obviously it's not pulling that from the file name. I have run these MP3s through puddletag as well as EasyTAG and both programs report the Title as 'Hallelujah Chorus', the Artist as 'Various Artists' with the Track field blank.

I was thinking that maybe XBMC was reading the ID3v1 tags instead of the ID3v2 tags, but I have tried telling puddletag to remove the ID3v1 tags as well as to 'create ID3v1 tags if necessary otherwise update' and I still get the same results.

Could someone tell me what I am overlooking? Or how to fix this? It's really annoying when I have no idea what songs are on my list!

Thank you and ✞ Merry Christmas ✞

-edit-
By the way... I chose the Hallelujah Chorus as an example since, to my knowledge, a 250 year old piece of music should be in the public domain. I uploaded the file to my server so that you could see if there was something in the file itself I was missing. I apologize ahead of time if this was not allowed here.
(2014-12-25, 06:39)rebeltaz21 Wrote: I am having some trouble with RaspBMC and I cannot figure this out. I am asking here because I would think it would be more ofn XBMC issue than a RaspBMC port issue.

The trouble is with MP3 tags. I have a playlist set up to play Christmas music from my network media server. I'm going to use this file - http://www.RobotsAndComputers.com/temp/h...us-9MB.mp3 - as an example, although I notice this on a lot of my MP3s. You can see that the filename is 'hallelujah-chorus-9MB.mp3'. Now when the songs are displayed on screen, it is showing up as '06. Various Artists - Track 6'. Obviously it's not pulling that from the file name. I have run these MP3s through puddletag as well as EasyTAG and both programs report the Title as 'Hallelujah Chorus', the Artist as 'Various Artists' with the Track field blank.

I was thinking that maybe XBMC was reading the ID3v1 tags instead of the ID3v2 tags, but I have tried telling puddletag to remove the ID3v1 tags as well as to 'create ID3v1 tags if necessary otherwise update' and I still get the same results.

Could someone tell me what I am overlooking? Or how to fix this? It's really annoying when I have no idea what songs are on my list!

Thank you and ✞ Merry Christmas ✞

-edit-
By the way... I chose the Hallelujah Chorus as an example since, to my knowledge, a 250 year old piece of music should be in the public domain. I uploaded the file to my server so that you could see if there was something in the file itself I was missing. I apologize ahead of time if this was not allowed here.

The tag and the content of the tag looks fine, the example song has both ID3v1 and ID3v2.4, I think the fact it is v2.4 rather than v2.3 may be the issue (v2.4 is not fully finalised yet so often has compatibility issues), also only the v2 tag has Genre and Albumartist, and there is no track number info at all.

I would recommend converting the tags to ID3v2.3 and removing the ID3v1 tags completely, I personally use mp3tag so I can only help you with that but if puddletag (which is almost identical to mp3tag) or easyTAG have similar options I'm sure it would work.

Should be a straightforward process, in mp3tag first go Settings>Tags>Mpeg, then under 'Read' tick all of them, under 'Write' only have ID3v2.3 UTF-16 selected, and under 'Remove' only have ID3v1 and APEv2 selected.
Then drag the affected Album into mp3tag select all of them then it should be as simple as clicking 'Save' (this will save/convert the tags to ID3v2.3) followed by 'Remove tag' (this will remove all tags apart from ID3v2 as per the setting you set above).
For the missing track number if the album is in the correct order in mp3tag you can use the Autonumbering wizzard and that will add the track numbers for you.

And everything should display fine then, I would only try with a single album/selection of songs first to check it works, and make a quick backup first so if something goes wrong you're safe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 Tags not reading right?0