Buffering with live TV
I currently use NextPVR and when watching live TV every few minutes I get a momentary pause while it buffers. I have added code to the advancesettings.xml to increase buffer but to no avail. Is this something that affects all PVR add-ons or is it specific to NextPVR.

Thanks....
I have just upgraded to kodi and I too am getting a pause every minute when watching Live TV. The pauses occur every 60 seconds or so.

Here are my system details:
* Desktop: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Kodi installed by running apt-get dist-upgrade (I had a working xbmc installation)
* Backend server: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS running TVHeadend version 3.4.28~geb79aee~trusty
* DVB: Freesat from TBS6921
* Connection between Desktop and Server is a wired gigabit ethernet. There is no significant traffic on the lan.

This is the message that I see in the kodi.log at the time of the first pause.
* WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

I have enabled debug on TVHeadend backend (by setting TVH_DEBUG=1 in /etc/init.d/tvheadend). After doing this, and restarting tvheadend), I see NO log entries in syslog regarding the pause.

There were no problems with an updated versino of xbmc. The fact that there are no log entries in syslog on the Server suggests to me that there is an issue with the kodi as a TVHeadend client.

Is this a configuration issue or a bug?
I installed XBMC 13.2 on a seldom used PC and configured it for NextPVR. So far no buffering issues...........may have to downgrade to 13.2 if my testing continues to show no buffering.

Johnny

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering with live TV0