Tomcool Auto Boot?
I had to remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter to get Kodi working on my ATV2 that previously ran XBMC Gotham. Any replacement auto-boot tricks out there for Kodi yet?
Sorry - I can't offer a solution, but I do have exactly the same problem and would be keen to find out how I can replicate the functionity with Kodi.
A Symlink (or ln) should work
Good Idea, unfortunately didnt work Sad

I symlinked /privat/var/stash/Appliances/XBMC.frappliance/XBMC to /private/var/stash/Appliances/Kodi.frappliance/Kodi
with no effect (Starting to frontrow)
Also tried symlinking /Appliances/XBMC.frappliance/XBMC to /Appliances/Kodi.frappliance/Kodi didnt work either.

Did I do something wrong, or do you have another idea?

Thanks and regards
ptalke
Are you sure you are using the correct paths?

AppleTV:/ root# ls -l /private/var/stash/Applications/
total 0
drwxrwxr-x 24 root admin 1802 Jan 1 11:39 AppleTV.app
drwxr-xr-x 10 root wheel 2754 Feb 14 2012 Cydia.app
drwxr-xr-x 5 mobile mobile 714 Jan 1 11:47 Kodi.frappliance
drwxrwxr-x 2 root admin 68 Oct 6 2011 Utilities
drwxr-xr-x 5 mobile mobile 340 Aug 22 20:59 XBMC.frappliance
atv2 works different - symlinks won't help. who ever did the autobooter needs to adapt it for the kodi frappliance
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-02, 12:57)Memphiz Wrote: atv2 works different - symlinks won't help. who ever did the autobooter needs to adapt it for the kodi frappliance

I trawled through all the old forum posts I could find, but I'm not sure Davilla ever revealed who the author/collaborator was before he moved on!
That would be Tom Cool, who also made NitoTV.
Anyone know how to get in contact with him? I tried via twitter, https://twitter.com/tomcool420, but there has been nothing on there since 2011, so I am not holding out much hope...
He actually visited us on the forums last week: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214547
Ned - Thanks for the heads up. Very timely update. I have pvt msg him and will report back if/when I hear anything.
I am not sure if TomCool is the same person as NitoTV tbh...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Found out about this tool today. Also hoping for an update for Kodi v14.
guys you are wrong here - we don't provide that tool - we don't have the source code for that tool - we can't fix the tool...
Hi Memphiz,

I fully understand your position. I am hoping to catch the eye of NitoTV and/or TomCool who are the controllers of this code, whom I believe can fix this issue.

On another note; if it would it be possible for them to relinquish the code for this to Team Kodi, would you be willing to take it on? I does seem a natural fit, but you may be in the grounds of the jailbreaking code that you are right to be clear of (IMHO).

Thanks for continuing to monitor and all your hard work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tomcool Auto Boot?0