Best Mac Mini
(2014-12-29, 08:35)wrxtasy Wrote: So long as your TV is 24p capable and you have - Adjust display refresh rate to match video > On......

As video on Kodi starts hit the (o) key to bring up the video Codec info.
You will likely see drop:0 skip:x number of frames at the start of video playback.
My Sandy Bridge iMac usually has skip:2 at the start of video playback
If you see drop: or the skip: number increasing as the video continues, you know you have an issue. Its likely minor.

With advances in software in OSX and XBMC / Kodi these days coupled with these faster processing 24p video modes of modern TV's most people never notice. Its the 23.976fps > 60Hz resulting in the 3:2 pulldown judder that really drives some people mad !

I'm seeing drop=3, skip=20. But it's not increasing. Looks like this is throwing the audio sync off a little though, the video seems to be leading the audio track.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Try setting:

Kodi > System > Settings > Video > Playback:

- Adjust display refresh rate to match video - OFF
- Sync playback to display - ON
- A/V sync method - Video clock (Resample audio)

With this you will get the 3:2 judder pulldown when displaying 23.976fps video on a 60Hz display, but your A/V will be in sync.

50Hz video output will produce slightly better results when displaying 23.976fps video with the above settings, as Video and Audio are sped up slightly to 25fps to compliment the 50Hz refresh rate. Audio may sound slightly higher pitched. Using SwitchResX you can configure and force the OSX desktop to 50Hz as well.

You can also try the above with those settings and put:
-- Adjust display refresh rate to match video - back ON

(2015-01-02, 03:22)wrxtasy Wrote: Try setting:

Kodi > System > Settings > Video > Playback:

- Adjust display refresh rate to match video - OFF
- Sync playback to display - ON
- A/V sync method - Video clock (Resample audio)

With this you will get the 3:2 judder pulldown when displaying 23.976fps video on a 60Hz display, but your A/V will be in sync.

50Hz video output will produce slightly better results when displaying 23.976fps video with the above settings, as Video and Audio are sped up slightly to 25fps to compliment the 50Hz refresh rate. Audio may sound slightly higher pitched. Using SwitchResX you can configure and force the OSX desktop to 50Hz as well.

You can also try the above with those settings and put:
-- Adjust display refresh rate to match video - back ON

Thanks. I'll have to leave adjust display refresh rate on, otherwise I get a lot of skipping with frame rates other than 23.976.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Mac Mini0