Skin with favorites on home screen
Hi!

I am looking for a skin or a way that i can select all my fav addons to favorites and when i start my xbmc/kodi then it ends on my favorites screen. This way its easy for me to just run the addon i want.

Is there any way to do it ?

Thanks,

Capricorn
ah I look forward to this thread...but in the mean time a functional hack:
First- do this from the thread - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209832
then go to the <folder path to the modified skin>\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence_mod\720p\Home.xml
and add just below the "ActivateWindow(Weather)" the following in RED.
However the upon clicking it behaves just like how it would when you click on the favourite icon - right window slide out.
I don't like this as i want it to just open up into a new window like how it happens for the other Main menu items.
Till then I await the experts to chime in ....and PLEASE do at your earliest convenience.
OZooHA

Quote: <item id="7">
<label>31950</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton) + !IsEmpty(Weather.Plugin)</visible>
</item>
<item id="17">
<label>FAVOURITES</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
</item>
Thanks now i can see Favorites button.

Now If there is away to add this Favorites option to Start up window as well in Appearance-Settings.Skil-Startup window

Thanks,

Capricron
I changed the value Home to Favourites in Startup.xml and after reboot i can see the Favorites list loading but now i wish it give Thumbnail kind of view.
(2014-12-27, 00:26)capricorn Wrote: I changed the value Home to Favourites in Startup.xml and after reboot i can see the Favorites list loading but now i wish it give Thumbnail kind of view.
The Mimic skin has a setting to view favourites using a square thumbnail view.
@ Capricorn
Can you share what you have done in the various xml files for our edification?
Thanks.
OZooHA
BryanBrazil! Thanks. Mimic looks good and I am exploring it more.

Ozooha! I replaced the Home word to Favourite in Startup.xml file and after the restart i saw the first page as my Favorites.

Regards,

Capricorn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin with favorites on home screen0