Release [Mod] ExtendedInfo Actor and Video Panels - Nox 5
Warner:

When you select cast and see all the actors photos on the bottom (Lion King as an example) it shows "Jonathan Taylor as Young" and it doesn't scroll so you can read the rest of the description. I can see there is letters on the blue frame of every picture but it doesn't scroll so I can read the rest.

I hope this issue is described properly
I looked up the Lion King and the auto-scroll was working for me. Check your skin settings for a setting for enabling and disabling text scroll.

I'll check
Warner:

Try with a movie you own. If I lookup Lion King, it works but not when I access Lion King from my library
(2015-01-11, 01:06)Edworld Wrote: Warner:

Try with a movie you own. If I lookup Lion King, it works but not when I access Lion King from my library

That doesn't even make sense. The code does not change based on whether you own the movie or not. Are you sure this isn't an issue with DialogVideoInfo, which is accessed when you choose a title in your library? That screen is not part of this mod. You can only get there by choosing a title in an actor or director's filmography.

Warner:

Maybe I posted in the wrong thread and has nothing to do with the extendedinfo mod, but I think there is an issue.
(2015-01-11, 01:28)Edworld Wrote: Image

Warner:

Maybe I posted in the wrong thread and has nothing to do with the extendedinfo mod, but I think there is an issue.

That looks like an older version of a different mod from Warner306. Try updating the mod in his other thread

Another look had me notice that it may in fact be an issue with BigNoids version... Warner306 has the black bar and BigNoid uses a diffused poster overlay which that now looks like.
(2015-01-11, 01:45)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Another look had me notice that it may in fact be an issue with BigNoids version... Warner306 has the black bar and BigNoid uses a diffused poster overlay which that now looks like.

That was the issue, it now works, thanks
Updated first post.
Warner306:

Is it possible to access the extendedinfo of movies you own without having to choose the actor first, then movies they have participated in so you can access the extended info?

Thanks
(2015-01-20, 03:38)Edworld Wrote: Warner306:

Is it possible to access the extendedinfo of movies you own without having to choose the actor first, then movies they have participated in so you can access the extended info?

Thanks

It is possible to replace the default DialogVideoInfo with a hack. But you lose that dialog entirely and you are stuck with MovieDB ratings for everything and stripped-back TV info. Phil does this already with his skin. When you select a movie, you are taken directly to the ExtendedInfo panel. You simply have to add some information to the header of DialogVideoInfo for this to work.
Warner:

This is more of a question than anything else.

When you are in the videodialoginfo screen you have the movie poster on the left and all the info on the right. Is it possible to modify the dialoginfo file to allow selecting movie poster, click on it, and trigger extendedinfo for that movie?

thanks
(2015-01-21, 02:21)Edworld Wrote: Warner:

This is more of a question than anything else.

When you are in the videodialoginfo screen you have the movie poster on the left and all the info on the right. Is it possible to modify the dialoginfo file to allow selecting movie poster, click on it, and trigger extendedinfo for that movie?

thanks

Yes, this is possible. I added this feature on my own set-up because I thought it would be useful. To access extended information from the movie information screen, select the Extras dialog ("+") and choose Extended Info.

To add Extended Info to the Extras dialog. Open custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml and add the following two buttons:

<!-- Add Extended Info Buttons -->
<control type="button" id="90215">
<description>ExtendedInfo Movies</description>
<width>510</width>
<textwidth>435</textwidth>
<textoffsetx>45</textoffsetx>
<texturefocus border="35,2,35,2">button_shutdown_focus.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus border="35,2,35,2">button_shutdown_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(1119)</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID],name=$INFO[ListItem.Title])</onclick>
<label>Extended Info</label>
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + System.HasAddon(script.extendedinfo)</visible>
</control>

<control type="button" id="90216">
<description>ExtendedInfo TV Shows</description>
<width>510</width>
<textwidth>435</textwidth>
<textoffsetx>45</textoffsetx>
<texturefocus border="35,2,35,2">button_shutdown_focus.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus border="35,2,35,2">button_shutdown_nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(1119)</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<label>Extended Info</label>
<visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + System.HasAddon(script.extendedinfo)</visible>
</control>
<!-- End Extended Info Buttons -->

The Extended Info button is available for both movies and TV shows.
Great idea Warner306, I'm going to add this to Mimic. Cheers!
Agree with bryanbrazil, great idea!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] ExtendedInfo Actor and Video Panels - Nox 52