CEC adapter setup
Hey, guys. I bought a CEC-adapter yesterday and plugged it in just now. However Peripherals under Input Devices is greyed out even after I rebooted my PC. What do I have to do to be able to enter the Peripherals settings?
Try the confluence skin. If you can access the peripherals menu, then it's a skin issue and you will need to address this with the skin author. Also, make sure you've installed Pulse-Eight's CEC-Adapter drivers if it's their adapter your using. I'd also recommend updating the firmware to the latest version.

If it's working, XBMC/Kodi will pop up a message at startup saying something along the lines of; "Pulse-Eight CEC-Adapter Detected". If your not seeing this message the drivers aren't installed and so XBMC/Kodi won't detect it. You don't need the tray app running, as XBMC/Kodi provides the functionality there from the peripherals menu.

Gib.
Thanks alot for answering. Idiot that I am the thought never occured that it needed drivers. Works great now.
Damn. After everything working great for almost two weeks it just stopped yesterday. I can see it in the Periphirals settings, but it can't find my TV. Any tips out there?
(2015-01-11, 17:31)Tobby Wrote: Damn. After everything working great for almost two weeks it just stopped yesterday. I can see it in the Periphirals settings, but it can't find my TV. Any tips out there?

You plugged in some extra hdmi device? R-pi is know to break CEC when not powered
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-11, 17:39)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 17:31)Tobby Wrote: Damn. After everything working great for almost two weeks it just stopped yesterday. I can see it in the Periphirals settings, but it can't find my TV. Any tips out there?

You plugged in some extra hdmi device? R-pi is know to break CEC when not powered
No, no new HDMI devices. I tried downloading and installing the drivers and libCEC, but it didn't do anything. As far as I know nothing has changed.

Not even when I start the TV manually does Kodi say that it's connected to it. However after a while I get a mesage sayig that it "lost connection".
Oh, I remembered that the Trakt addon has stopped being able to log in at approximately the same time. Perhaps there's a common reason?
Wrong post! sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC adapter setup0