Logitech DiNovo Mini media keys stopped working
It was working perfectly out of the box then randomly the media keys stopped functioning just gives me the circle with a line through it when I press. Everything else on the keyboard works except media keys. Had it running perfectly for a month on Linux Mint, and before Linux Mint was on Ubuntu 14.04.1 for an entire year with no issues, just preferred Linux Mint for when I have to hop out of XBMC to do some general computer stuff on my TV
I am running Kodi on Linux Mint 17.1 x64, with an Intel Core i3, and Nvidia GT210 GPU with Linux Kernel 3.18.1 (from Ubuntu) along with Nvidia 340 Drivers an apt-get repo. Everything else on the system works flawlessly except that... I upgraded the kernel as the HTPC seemed a little laggy until the upgrade
Did some digging, it seems the keys are detected by Linux, and the issue is XBMC for some reason is not being seen as a media player by Linux Mint for some reason. Because the keys are recognized on the system when I launched Pithos and played pandora. So the issue is for some reason XBMC and cinnamon I believe are not talking properly. So I am removing and reinstalling XBMC and seeing if that fixes thing

Nope, Kodi for some reason is not telling that it is not a media player... It makes no sense how this happened
I just faced the same problem. Had Frodo working with my dinovo mini for 2 years... then upgraded to Gotham BUT... Gotham doesnt play VIDEO_TS folders... then upgrade do Kodi BUT... now my VIDEO_TS folders work, but all the media keys on my Logitech dinovo mini are not recognized by Kodi.

Worst thing is seeing your 20 day old post here without A SINGLE reply from anybody.

In my case, the only thing I can try is going back to Frodo, as I need VIDEO_TS AND dinovo mini support.
PROBLEM SOLVED, in my case at least (I use Ubuntu 14.10).

This was a conflict between Kodi and Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts.

It was just a matter of going to System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Sound and Media and disabling all shortcuts. After that, all media keys on the Logitech dinovo mini started to work again in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo Mini media keys stopped working0