Sound issue using XBMC on Raspberry Pi
(2015-03-05, 14:23)Mattx Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 13:33)popcornmix Wrote: Does the problem exist with "adjust refresh rate to match video" disabled?

Did the trick. *duck*

If you want to have that option enabled (it does make video playback smoother), then you can add to config.txt
Code:
hdmi_clock_change_limit=20

(ideally use the highest value that doesn't result in audio dropouts, somewhere in the 10-80 range is sensible).
(2015-03-05, 16:43)popcornmix Wrote: If you want to have that option enabled (it does make video playback smoother), then you can add to config.txt
Code:
hdmi_clock_change_limit=20

Thanks again. I'm going to figure this one out with adjust enabled and will post the result after the weekend.
Found this thread related to my sound dropout prob in the meantime: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=176736 as well on the openelec and osmc board.
BTW, you seem to be everywhere...Smile

I appreciate your help and don't take it for granted! Big Hug!
mattx

Edit 1:
Started with a clock of 80 yesterday which seems fine...stepping up to 120 tomorrow...
No problem with 120...testing 140 to 160....

Edit 2:
Well, dropouts are back at around 130. So I stick with a "hdmi_clock_change_limit" of 120. That's it and CU..
Hi again Smile

It seems to have done the trick for me when playing movies (hdmi_clock_change_limit=80) it still can happen, but very rare.

But now when I just started to use Airplay in kodi/openelec I notice 1 or 2 dropouts per song (playing from ipad/spotify, when streaming to an airplay speaker on the same network there's no dropouts.). Quite strange, any ideas on why this is?
What is the current status of the matter? Is it the hdmi_clock_change_limit?

I have a very similar problem. Audio stops for a second or so randomly. It occurs very rarely and is difficult to reproduce.

First I thought it would be a problem with my TV or AV receiver, but when I watch TV over cable it does not occur. My TV is connected via Toslink/PCM to my AV Receiver (Onkyo TX-8020, European Version).

I use the Raspi2 with Kodi/Helix connected to my Samsung UE40ES5700 over one HDMI input. For testing I've loaded my music on the SD card of my Raspi (in Kodi under /storage).
But at a distance of an hour or two I hear these dropouts. The same I could notice while I was watching a film a few days ago. Audio drops for a second while the film continues.

Next I'll connect my PC via HDMI to my TV and see if the problem thus also occurs.
Disabling Video / Acceleration / OMXPlayer fixed it in my Pi2. Never had that issue on my Pi1 with RaspBMC on the same receiver / TV. Odd.
(2015-07-08, 23:30)ArKay74 Wrote: Disabling Video / Acceleration / OMXPlayer fixed it in my Pi2. Never had that issue on my Pi1 with RaspBMC on the same receiver / TV. Odd.

This worked for me.

Was having issues with a DTS stream via Kodi@rpi2 -> Denon AVR-1912 -> Philips 3000 series TV.
Disabling OMXPlayer worked for me too.

In my case, I had only sound for some seconds if switched from the KODI-GUI to my TV as the source.
My configuration:
KODI on RPi1 -> Teufel Soundbar (HDMI) -> Panasonic TX-P50 TV (HDMI)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issue using XBMC on Raspberry Pi1