OS X Database Issue
Hi,

I hope you are all doing well. I've been using XMBC / Kodi, for quite some time. Initially mainly on Cubox and Raspberry Pi, on these, if connected by cable it usually ran rather smooth.

Now lately I've been trying to add my desktop and more importantly my macbook in the chain and I've, for the first time, ran in an issue which I can't seem to solve myself - nor fully understand for that matter.

Issue Description: When I install Kodi on my macbook (note that I'm still using the XBMC version on the other devices) I simply seem to not be able to connect to the database. I have access to the drives, but when it's the turn to put the content on the screen it's not doing so. Making a brand new, local, database obviously works. It's only as soon as I put the advancedsettings.xml in the loop that every thing seems to fail.

I'm copying the following files, which work perfectly fine on my other devices:
- advancedsettings.xml
- passwords.xml (otherwise mac is having issues and will give the error operation not permitted)
- sources.xml

Device info:

OSX Version: Yosemite V10.10.1
Platform: Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Install Method: DMG
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: basically trying to add the sources.
Full Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/7mcjgsfq

System hardware specs: 2,5Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

Notes:
Now what I deduce myself from these log files is that it's having issues updating the library or even to open it. The XMBC user has been granted all rights in the SQL db and when I actually check the phpmyadmin I also see that all priveleges have been granted to it.
Even more so, when I check the databases which are present I do indeed see: myvideos75, myvideos78, myvideos90.

Any help would be most appreciated, I've been looking into this issue entire last night ... it's fun to troubleshoot and all but at a certain point I just need it to work and I'm running out of options and therefore turning to the community.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Christmass and all that jazz.
I am on OSX and PI, so i can help you with my settings

- It seems at line 336 like kodi is trying to upgrade your database to version 90 and at line 353 it can't create it. But you say its there already ?
- Also at line 341 tot 351 it trying to open a lot of databases. Are they still in MySQL ? Please drop the ones you are not using anymore
- I am not using a separate password file for OSX

could you check your advanced setting ? mine look like this

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>YOUR IP</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>YOUR IP</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

And for the sources in the red the paths i use with NFS, if you use SMB please fill it in properly

<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Video Playlists</name>
<path pathversion="1">special://videoplaylists/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
<source>
<name>tvshows</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.100/volume1/video/series/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.100/volume1/video/movies/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
<source>
<name>Music Playlists</name>
<path pathversion="1">special://musicplaylists/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>music</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.100/volume1/music/</path>
</source>
</music>
</sources>
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Hi Walt74,

Thanks in advance for your reply.

(2014-12-28, 13:39)Walt74 Wrote: I am on OSX and PI, so i can help you with my settings

- It seems at line 336 like kodi is trying to upgrade your database to version 90 and at line 353 it can't create it. But you say its there already ?

I do indeed already see a myvideos90 database in mysql. Big difference with the other tables is though that it seems the views have not been copied. If I open it up I just see all the tables and new on top, whereas the previous versions had the 2 options: "tables" and "views" which you can then open up.

(2014-12-28, 13:39)Walt74 Wrote: - Also at line 341 tot 351 it trying to open a lot of databases. Are they still in MySQL ? Please drop the ones you are not using anymore

The ones that he's trying to open in line 341 to line 351 are not there at all.

(2014-12-28, 13:39)Walt74 Wrote: - I am not using a separate password file for OSX

Oddly when I don't add the passwords file it's immediately saying that the operation is not permitted when I try to set the content, then afterwards it's not allow me to touch the sources unless I restart Kodi. I have to do that one at a time.

(2014-12-28, 13:39)Walt74 Wrote: could you check your advanced setting ? mine look like this

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>YOUR IP</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>YOUR IP</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Mine is identical to yours, except for where your ip is written I have the IP address of my server.

(2014-12-28, 13:39)Walt74 Wrote: And for the sources in the red the paths i use with NFS, if you use SMB please fill it in properly

<sources>
<programs>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Video Playlists</name>
<path pathversion="1">special://videoplaylists/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>tvshows</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.100/volume1/video/series/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.100/volume1/video/movies/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
<source>
<name>Music Playlists</name>
<path pathversion="1">special://musicplaylists/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>music</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.100/volume1/music/</path>
</source>
</music>
</sources>

Again quite similar, but I do indeed us SMB instead, looks something in the lines of smb://EDEN-SERVER/Movies and smb://EDEN-SERVER/Series

I could also drop my DB; myvideos75 and 79 ... but not sure which one is actually being used by my cubox, will look into that ... perhaps it tried to create the 90 when I first installed Kodi but failed somewhere? Might that be a possibility?

Again thanks for your help.
Quickly checked ... if I'm right to assume the following then it'd be my guess that myvideos78 is being used by my cubox and the myvideos90 has been created by Kodi on my macbook?

Quote:14:47:03 T:1968067648 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
14:47:03 T:1968067648 NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic46
14:47:03 T:1968067648 NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos78
14:47:03 T:1968067648 NOTICE: Running database version TV22
14:47:03 T:1968067648 NOTICE: Running database version Epg7
Right, something must have gone wrong in creating the database ... or should I say updating.
I actually thought I was doing something wrong, hence the post.
I removed the database and low and behold after a few minutes everything was up and running.

I supose this topic can then be closed, apologies to have wasted your time ... must've been too tired last night to see passed this idiotic mistake.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database Issue0