Android Help a noob choose between 3 android boxes
Hi everyone,

I'm a noob when it comes to android tv boxes and XBMC...
I've done a LOT of research so that I can choose a perfect android TV box for my family.
All we really need from the android box is using XBMC to stream LIVE TV channels, watch movies, tv series ALL IN HD.

These are my three options: M8, MX iii, or MINIX Neo X6 (I don't want to go too far to purchase X8-H since it's a bit expensive).
Which of these three should I buy according to my needs? Please suggest any other boxes if they suit my needs.

Thanks everyone!
All are pretty much the same. I would go for the cheapest option of the three. Make sure you get the ones with 2GB ram. Also try and check out the freak tab forums as some boxes get greater community support than others. With some having custom roms and even Linux versions of xbmc.
(2014-12-28, 19:48)Mark142 Wrote: All are pretty much the same. I would go for the cheapest option of the three. Make sure you get the ones with 2GB ram. Also try and check out the freak tab forums as some boxes get greater community support than others. With some having custom roms and even Linux versions of xbmc.

Thanks for your reply. That narrows down to M8 and MX iii, since Neo X6 has 1GB RAM.
Both M8 and MX iii have similar community support in Freak Tab forums, so I guess I will research further between those two.
But if you have any infos on these two boxes, I would appreciate your opinions and comments! Big Grin
A friend of mine bought an m8 box. It was an emy m8 box. Had loads of playback issues with various versions of xbmc. Including Gotham, kodi rc and spmc. In the end I had to flash it with 3 different version of firmware (all from freaktab) to get some decent playback. Now from reading the freak tab forums eny m8 are notoriously bad so avoid. The most recommend ones are the tronsmart s89 or the beelink ones. They are the round shaped boxes.
(2014-12-28, 22:54)Mark142 Wrote: A friend of mine bought an m8 box. It was an emy m8 box. Had loads of playback issues with various versions of xbmc. Including Gotham, kodi rc and spmc. In the end I had to flash it with 3 different version of firmware (all from freaktab) to get some decent playback. Now from reading the freak tab forums eny m8 are notoriously bad so avoid. The most recommend ones are the tronsmart s89 or the beelink ones. They are the round shaped boxes.

Thank you so much for your help! I just ordered Tronsmart Vega S89 from GeekBuying!
Just an FYI, 1GB of RAM is more than enough for XBMC/Kodi usage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help a noob choose between 3 android boxes0