Win How to (batch) convert Videos to h265:
Handbrake is nice considering that it's free, but doesn't support Nvidia hardware acceleration.

I now use DVDFab 9 full version, which makes good use of my GTX 980 : when a conversion to x265 with handbrake would take 8 hours it now takes 10 minutes.

Dvdfab doesn't have anti-noise filters that's the only let-down. But if you have a beefy GFX card and don't want to wait till retirement, it's the way to go.
i want to save some space but not loss quality...
StaxRip allows for hardware encoding and deinterlacing both with Nvidia and Intel.

As far as as "not loss quality", anacronik, you really need to test and decide with your own very eyes.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
One easy option for converting videos to h265 is go to the online video converting websites. It's totally free but its shortcoming is that your videos might be converted to lower quality. Fortunately, if you're in such a situation, there is an easy way to fix the issue. There is a video converter that's fully compatible with all popular formats including h265, MP4, MOV, etc.
Among the various software to convert audios and videos, I used the WonderFox HD Video Converter. It helps me to convert DTS audio to other formats. besides I also use it to solve the MKV playback on PS4. I convert MKV to PS4 so that I can watch MKV on my PS4.
Avdshare Video Converter works as the best professional H.265 to H.264 converter which can best convert H.265 with MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, ASF, etc to H.264 with any container format.
You can use HandBrake to batch convert my videos. The steps are quite simple.
1. download and launch HanBrake Go to “Tool” and choose “Preferences” and then click on “Output Files” in the opening Window
2. Choose “Browse” to choose a path for your output video files. After finishing, click on “Back” to the main window.
3. Click on“Open Source” and click on “Folder”. Find the fold where your videos are saved and select it (not to open it because or you will find the folder empty).
4. Click on the arrow beside “Add to Queue” and choose “Add All” to import the whole folder of videos. You can check by clicking on “Show Queue”.
5. Press Start “Queue” to start conversion
This article of HandBrake has described how to batch convert videos to h265 in detail: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tip...batch.html
I've recently gone through the trouble of Transcoding my whole video catalog over to HEVC. I use https://github.com/FallingSnow/h265ize with the following settings.

h265ize -v -m medium -q 20 -x --no-sao --aq-mode 3 --delete --stats

-v - Verbose Output
-m medium - Medium encode speed (smaller higher quality, anything slower I find is not worth the time/quality dif)
-q 20 - the CRF used, 20 is similar to 18 or so in x264 but hey. This is for 1080p content (90% of my TV) I tend to use 22 for my 4K movies
-x - Use x265 central defined commands --no-sao turns off Sample Adaptive Offset (improves speed of encode)
--aq-mode 3 - use Adaptive Quantisation with auto variance, helps 8bit encodes, especially in dark areas, stops most of the banding that can happen (at expense of encode time though)
--delete - replace encoding file with encoded file (test before using this one)
--stats - Write stats out to a csv file in the root of the path you ran from.

Encode speeds are around 30fps (for most 1080p stuff) on my rig. Dual Xeon E5 2687W v2, but I force the FFMPEG process to not use the first side of one of the processors (It's my server, so have to make sure there's overhead for transcode if needed on playback etc)

Yes it took a while to convert most of it over, and now I have a scheduled task that runs twice a day to encode the stuff from that day over to x265.

The space savings have been enormous. My initial SAN was at 20Tb use, now it's around 12 but obviously has been added too with 6 months more content.

I've started to transcode all my Movies over too, however, that's an ongoing process, as I have to ID quality levels (Radarr, fortunately, labels then nicely) and use one of three transcode settings

-m slower -q 18 -x --no-sao --aq-mode 3 : for 720p transcodes
-m medium -q 20 -x --no-sao --aq-mode 3 : for 1080p
-m medium -q 22 -x --no-sao : for 2160p

Hope that helps some people. Shout if anyone needs a hand setting it all up. And before you encode everything to x265, think about playback, if the client doesn't support x265 native, then the transcade can be expensive in terms of CPU and Quality.
Hate to dig this up, but sorrynotsorry. So, if you had this to do again, would you do anything different? Looking to start my conversion. Gathered the latest ver of ffmpeg, and running some sample encodes to see what CRFs look good.
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i in.avi -c:v libx265 -x265-params crf=22:aq-mode=3:no-sao=1 -preset medium -c:a aac -b:a 128k output22.mp4
seems to work good, all the same switches you used, but cutting node.js out of the middle...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to (batch) convert Videos to h265:0