Duplicate episodes in series stored in NAS
As a separate or additional idea, perhaps an option toggle could be made for the library scanners to ignore hidden files? Most file system presentations have the option to (or by default) treat such .AppleDouble folders as hidden files therefore this would work without the complexity of a specific pattern to hard-code.

Just another bit of food for thought..
Will have to double check the code but I am pretty sure it's not fetching hidden files/dirs. Must be an issue with the directory implementation not marking them accordingly. Will check.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-02-23, 16:58)mkortstiege Wrote: Will have to double check the code but I am pretty sure it's not fetching hidden files/dirs. Must be an issue with the directory implementation not marking them accordingly. Will check.

Quite possibly, while thinking about this perhaps also worth remembering both a) this problem seemed to be 'introduced' by Kodi (.AppleDouble folders have been plaguing unsuspecting file systems for many years!) and b) only seems to affect TV series (supposedly). Happy hunting!
@simonw500. You´re not running Kodi on Win32, right?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
And another question. Do you have the "Show hidden files and directories" option enabled in Appearance -> File lists? That´s the only chance i can reproduce with an .AppleDouble folder.
Nope, running mostly OSX clients - final Win32 client was removed from my setup before the problem occurred I believe (several Win32 clients had been involved previously).

I would normally have the "Show hidden files and directories" option DISABLED (my preference and I believe the default?) however I cannot say with certainty this is definitely the case with an OpenELEC client I also recently added to the setup (fiddled with various settings when I added it and not 100% certain I put them all back! - as this is acting more as a TVheadend server I wasn't too concerned with the Kodi GUI config) - will check when I get home this evening.

My setup FYI: multiple OS X clients (Kodi 14.1), two Apple TV2 clients (Kodi 14.1), a OpenElec 5.x client (latest 5.x version including Kodi 14.1), a shared MySQL database, media hosted on a NAS accessed via SMB.
I guess i found the culprit. The SMB directory implementation is not marking dotfiles/folders as hidden. PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6529 will handle this.
(2015-02-23, 18:43)mkortstiege Wrote: I guess i found the culprit. The SMB directory implementation is not marking dotfiles/folders as hidden. PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6529 will handle this.

Good stuff - look forward to testing this in the near future Smile
Awesome!
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15680#comment:1

This is the ticket from bug forum. It is marked as fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate episodes in series stored in NAS0