64bit intel KodiBuntu?
Question 
Hi there,

Previously I was using the 64bit Intel XbmcBuntu version on my ASRock ION 3D. Now it seems there is only 32bit version available for my HTPC, which works fine by the way, but does not allow me to install the latest version of Spotify, which is only available for 64bit Ubuntu. If I install the 64bit AMD version there are some plugins that I am not able to run.

Will there be a 64bit Intel KodiBuntu variant available in the near future?

Thank you guys for your awesome work!

Cheers,

Dennis
Sad 
Anyone?
http://kodi.tv/download/

What do you see in there? Correct...a 64bit Kodibuntu with 14.0 stable Wink and its for all plattforms. I'm on intel as well and it works fine.

Which addons/plugins aren't working anymore?
Hi David,

It says amd64 for the 64bit version and i386 for the 32bit so that is why I thought there might be a specialized version for both processors Smile For example it says x86_64 for the OSX version.

The plugin Pulsar is crashing when I use the 64bit version so I thought the different builds might have something to do with it.

I do get it to work on the 32bit version of Kodi but then I can't install the latest version of Spotify Sad

So there is no way the plugin is crashing because of the AMD/Intel build?

Thanks again!

Dennis
Don't know...sorry. Best would be if you ask at the pulsar thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200957

If you are talking about this....I don't use this plugin. But a report in there might help
AMD64 is just a technical name. Something to do with AMD actually getting the whole 64-bit processor thing "right", and Intel dropped their stuff and went with what AMD did, so it's a term that applies to both brands.

Or something to that extent.
(2015-01-03, 20:45)David1977 Wrote: Don't know...sorry. Best would be if you ask at the pulsar thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200957

If you are talking about this....I don't use this plugin. But a report in there might help

Thanks, I will do just that! Smile

(2015-01-04, 14:00)Ned Scott Wrote: AMD64 is just a technical name. Something to do with AMD actually getting the whole 64-bit processor thing "right", and Intel dropped their stuff and went with what AMD did, so it's a term that applies to both brands.

Or something to that extent.

Aaaah, so it is just a matter of legacy. The whole naming is a bit confusing and I am quite sure that in the past there were different versions of xbmcbuntu for both processor types.

Cheers! I will have another go at it tonight Smile
its not legacy at all. Its the name of the x86 64bit CPU architecture. Just like i386 is the name of the old intel 32bit architecture.
(2015-01-05, 15:49)wsnipex Wrote: its not legacy at all. Its the name of the x86 64bit CPU architecture. Just like i386 is the name of the old intel 32bit architecture.

I see, thanks for clearing that up Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64bit intel KodiBuntu?1